OTHER Digipower SG-2100 Replacement ?

Both azimuth and elevation must be correct. It is easier adjusting dish elevation when the motor is closest to its zero reference. Especially if it's a heavy 1.2m dish.
Ah! Good practical reason!

I was thinking....since the receiver thinks it's on AMC21 but the dish is actually on Echostar 9 off by 4 degrees can't I just rotate the whole assembly until I get to AMC21 ?
And to add: the 4 degrees arc difference would be 7 degrees azimuth difference, for location about 33.9N, 118.2W.

Final check point in cases like these: As you did reset the motor at zero degrees, the motor should go exactly there with the GotoReference/GotoZero command from the receiver. Does it do exactly that?

Greetz,
A33

If not, you can define a satellite at the longitude that you are yourself, and then use USALS to go there.
It should be at exactly zero degrees (= Reference position).

Greetz,
A33
That's a great tip.....I never would have thought about that.

If not, you can define a satellite at the longitude that you are yourself, and then use USALS to go there.
It should be at exactly zero degrees (= Reference position).

Greetz,
A33
I found a GOTO Reference option and each time I pressed it the mount would go to "O". So that is working.

Reactions: KE4EST and a33
I was fooling around a bit with the system from inside my house. I had the receiver move over to Galaxy 15 and I did a blind scan. I picked up the Reuters live feed which is on on SES 15. Again a 4 degree difference. Now I strongly believe the whole unit must have been shifted to the east 4 degrees somehow all this time that's it been unused.

Are you able to receive other satellites on the arc?
Yes I was. I had all the satellites set up and programmed. Once I moved my receiver back inside it worked for a bit but then I seemed to have lost all my channels. Turns out the dish was not moving and would not return to the O reference. The receiver also locked up so I ended up replacing the X2 with the GMedia. I reset the motor and now it's off by 2 degrees....I'll work on it during the weekend.