Digipower SG2100 DMSI SUPPORT

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Some, maybe all the older sg-2100 models didn't do Usals, I'm guessing pre 2003 or 2002, I had one of them, maybe you have one also. I've had good luck with the Moteck motors made in Taiwan, bad luck with the mainland China ones....dxm-7000 is one of those. I was reading on Sadoun's forum posts from people with the dg240, 280, and 380, you might want to have a look there before you invest more $$. It seems there are no perfect motors.

Starman345,

Thank you for that information, it fits perfectly with what I have experienced.

Thanks for the headsup.

I'll have to join the Sadoun forum. They offer alot of good advice and comments on this forum and I respect that.

Best Regards,

Tom

I have a SG-2100 and was very happy to find this post. I want to modify my SG-2100 to use an external PS.

I disassembled my SG-2100 and quickly realized that my PC board is different than the one Jerry T did. There must be different versions of this model.

I have uploaded pictures of my PC board and was wondering if anyone has modified this version.

I appreciate all help.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 185
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 262
I have a SG-2100 and was very happy to find this post. I want to modify my SG-2100 to use an external PS.

I disassembled my SG-2100 and quickly realized that my PC board is different than the one Jerry T did. There must be different versions of this model.

I have uploaded pictures of my PC board and was wondering if anyone has modified this version.

I appreciate all help.
Here is a Power Point file with a SG2100 mod for external power I used.

Attachments

• Positioner heart surgery.zip
    197.9 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: stecle
Ok , I see it was posted earlier. There is a way to put external power through the coax and still receive DiSEqC calls to the motor. But you bypass the motor with the LNB(F) connection. There are a couple threads were Titanium explains how this is done. I don't remember it exactly. I don't use those Ku motors anymore. They were always a headache for me. The power modded one worked the best though. I'm building a 1.2m ku on a modded C-Band mount right now. :)

Reactions: stecle
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)