This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Digipower SG2100 DMSI SUPPORT

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Some, maybe all the older sg-2100 models didn't do Usals, I'm guessing pre 2003 or 2002, I had one of them, maybe you have one also. I've had good luck with the Moteck motors made in Taiwan, bad luck with the mainland China ones....dxm-7000 is one of those. I was reading on Sadoun's forum posts from people with the dg240, 280, and 380, you might want to have a look there before you invest more $$. It seems there are no perfect motors.

Starman345,

Thank you for that information, it fits perfectly with what I have experienced.

Thanks for the headsup.

I'll have to join the Sadoun forum. They offer alot of good advice and comments on this forum and I respect that.

Best Regards,

Tom

I have a SG-2100 and was very happy to find this post. I want to modify my SG-2100 to use an external PS.

I disassembled my SG-2100 and quickly realized that my PC board is different than the one Jerry T did. There must be different versions of this model.

I have uploaded pictures of my PC board and was wondering if anyone has modified this version.

I appreciate all help.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 190
  • 012.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 015.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 016.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 241
  • 017.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 270
Here is a Power Point file with a SG2100 mod for external power I used.

Attachments

• Positioner heart surgery.zip
    197.9 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: stecle
Ok , I see it was posted earlier. There is a way to put external power through the coax and still receive DiSEqC calls to the motor. But you bypass the motor with the LNB(F) connection. There are a couple threads were Titanium explains how this is done. I don't remember it exactly. I don't use those Ku motors anymore. They were always a headache for me. The power modded one worked the best though. I'm building a 1.2m ku on a modded C-Band mount right now.

Reactions: stecle
Status
Please reply by conversation.