Digital ABC in TampaBay?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pamelajaye

Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
TampaBay
we have brighthouse with no cable box.

until a couple of weeks ago, we were able to get ABC HD on channel 628.1
One Thursday it was breaking up badly
Two days later it was gone
Now we have ABC on channel 11.1 but my brother said it's not the HD channel.

Is it, and if it is not, does anyone know where it has moved to? If nothing else, I do like to see Grey's Anatomy in the pretty HD.

I have a cable DVR and do know all the HD was moved to the new 1000+ channel level last week or the week before. The only channels left on 600 are the non HD ones. I am not sure those without a box would be affected though. My friend does not have a box and he just scans his TV every so often and keeps current.

I see it's moved to 1011 for those with a box. No box here. Last scan found 11.1 in Digital but nothing HD. (it's still prettier than analog). Still looking. Highest channels found are 629 or something

Assuming you have a built-in ATSC tuner and you have an antenna then just use an A/B switch-cable on one line/antenna on the other. Program(scan)in your locals. You would have to manually switch back and forth. This will at least let you watch ABC HD. Paul(also live in Zephyrhills) ps: With antenna in place also try going to menu of TV-some tvs allow you to scan both cable/antenna at the same time.

Assuming you have a built-in ATSC tuner and you have an antenna then just use an A/B switch-cable on one line/antenna on the other. Program(scan)in your locals. You would have to manually switch back and forth. This will at least let you watch ABC HD. Paul(also live in Zephyrhills) ps: With antenna in place also try going to menu of TV-some tvs allow you to scan both cable/antenna at the same time.

we actually don't have an antenna :-( So we are getting the digital stations thru the cable.
The cable is split 4 ways - 3 to the tuner cards in the DVR (all analog) and thenthe video signal goes out, into the DVR recorder (for dubbing), and out into the TV

the 4th cable goes directly into the back of the TV and is tuned with the tuner on the TV.

Not that I don't have an A/B switch. I have one ordinary one and one with a remote control (I think we used to have the TV plugged into the VCR, DVD recorder and DVR, but I can't remember anymore. When something stopped working, you had to take it all apart and test it piece by piece. but the TV has more jacks in it now :) )

we also don't have a cable box. we don't know how long that will last but we are hanging on. if a box becomes mandatory, we're going to have to replace all the tuner cards in the DVR, which will probably also require an update of the OS, cause we are still using Suse Linux 10.3 and mythTV .20 or something.

thanks, though! :)

PS - installation of digital cable box was one of the 7 to 10 reasons I left Boston. Came home one day after they said "can we come over to check whether you are *ready for* digital cable?" to find I now *had* digital cable. The VCR plus gold that changed the channel on my old cable box was worthless. They let me return it and get the old one back, but by then they had broken me and I gave up and moved down here.

Crappy cable policies is NOT a good reason to move! However, GREAT SUNSHINE IS! Try to use some 'rabbit ears' and scan for locals-also works for me in Z-hills(also have a small roof antenna). Paul

Crappy cable policies is NOT a good reason to move! However, GREAT SUNSHINE IS! Try to use some 'rabbit ears' and scan for locals-also works for me in Z-hills(also have a small roof antenna). Paul

I actually did find it. they shoved it to 28.1. (SD is 11.1) and I'm looking forward to a nice shiny Grey's Anatomy :)

PS - If we could avoid the hurricanes though, that would be good

I hear ya on the hurricanes-I get weather alerts from TBO.com! Did you get 28.1 via antenna scan or cable re-scan? Paul

I hear ya on the hurricanes-I get weather alerts from TBO.com! Did you get 28.1 via antenna scan or cable re-scan? Paul

Cable rescan and then just poking thru what was there. I wasn't expecting to find it on a number withing the regular analog cable sphere. and definitely not 28

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)