Digital audio breakup on Hughes HD receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Has anybody else had problems with the digital audio on any of the hughes receivers, mainly the HD units ? I installed a new hughes HD receiver and a Sammy SD receiver but only the digital audio from the Hughes unit is breaking up. The picture on both are also OK and it (the audio breakup) happens on both HD and SD chanels of the Hughes. We are using the optical out only on the receiver so at this time I can't check the line out. They tell me that it happened several times today but it did not happen yesterday when I was there. Most recently during the T-Wolves & Lakers game on TNT.

Ken,

I just got my D* system installed this weekend with a Hughes HTL-HD receiver. The only channel I noticed any problems as far as audio is ESPN HD. The audio was garbled at times when switching to ESPN HD. I then switched to another channel and then back. After that the audio seemed fine. However this is a regular occurence only on ESPN HD, so I think it's just the ESPN HD feed.

We had the same problem with our HTL-HD,called Hughes and they sent a new one and the problem is gone,it may have also had something to do with the older firmware.Tele # 1-954-597=2061,I had the new box with-in 3 days (we live on the east coast) and send the old one back after you get the new box so you are not really down

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)