$99 Tivo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan Gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Dawson, GA
I have been interested in getting a DirecTIVO for a while, but I was waiting until the Pegasus/DirecTV skirmish was finished (hoping Pegasus would die a quick death), and now that it hasn't and Pegasus looks to be here for a few more years, Circuit City no longer offers the $99 Hughes receiver, only the $349 Hughes and HDTivo. Not wanting to pay the $349 or $999, I wanted to know if this is just a breather until the new DirecTV-branded receivers come out, and will there be any advantage to doing that, or should I go ahead and start looking at the RCA and Samsung receivers?! I have had very bad luck with Samsung receivers in the past few years, and have had bad trouble with RCA products in general, so I'd prefer looking at the Hughes...

~Alan

Directv's tivo promotion goes through 7/17/04. All TiVo units are the same brand names only mean cosmetic changes on the front panel, guts are the same. Buy whatever is available.

you must look past CC for deals. there are many, many other great places you need to look for deals.

fredfa said:
You haven't tried the internet?

A lot of the online retailers have "issues" with Pegasus subscribers! I could try Best Buy, but I'd really prefer having the Hughes receiver. As it gets closer to the cut-off date on the Tivo deal, I might go ahead and get one of the other brands anyway...I was just wanting to hear everybody's thoughts as I am planning on getting one before the end of the year.

~Alan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)