Odd DirectTV Singal Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

afistler

May 23, 2004
I have a Mitushbishi SR-HD5 reciever and a RCA DTC-100 reciever. I have had them installed for about three years now with no problem. Over the past month or so the singal strength from all transponders had gradually decreased to the point now that the signal strengh on 101 and other sattelites reads as about 10% in those two recievers. I would have thought that my dish shifted but I have a Birddog sattelite meter and when I stick it on each LNB I get around 95% for 101 and 87% for 119. Also I can put another reciever, in this case a Sony B65 in the place of the other reciever, say where the mitshibishi reciver is and the singal is fine. I get around 90% singal strengh on all of the transponders when I cycle through them. Also all of the other recivers minus the two HiDef recivers are fine. I have tried running new cables from the switch to the recievers and tried swapping the position of the recievers with recievers that I know have a good singal strength. I don't know what is happening here.

My set up is as following.

I have a Channel Master gain master switch with three LNBs that connect into an 8 port switch, I think its an Aspen Eagle switch. I then have five recievers connected off of that switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts