DirecTV Now & TiVo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
Does anyone know if DirecTV Now is available on the TiVo Bolt Vox? My friend is dropping DTV and going with TiVo Bolt Vox for OTA and DTV Now thru his TV. If there was an app through the Bolt it would be more centralized. Depending on how it all works out I might try it out as well as I already get Amazon Video free with prime membership.

In fact, none of the streaming providers that carry cable channel type lineups are on Tivo. Much beyond Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu, and Tivo just has some niche offerings.

Strange, you’d think that DirecTV Now & Sling TV would want their service accessible to Tivo. No big deal as all he wants the Bolt for is the OTA setup since most networks aren't available on D-Now. I suppose when you sign up he could, in theory, choose a city that has networks available.

Strange, you’d think that DirecTV Now & Sling TV would want their service accessible to Tivo. No big deal as all he wants the Bolt for is the OTA setup since most networks aren't available on D-Now. I suppose when you sign up he could, in theory, choose a city that has networks available.
No need for a TIVO if your doing your own dvr service. Tivo is a bit outdated.

OTT services are just following the linear channel bundles. Tivo and an OTT Service was a good way to save money not paying for locals one night already receive free OTA, but alas they are now forced in all the OTT packages too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)