Digital Breakup on 101 C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Decades, Movies, and Heroes have been really bad on the East Coast for a few weeks now.
There was some improvement last week/last weekend, but they are all back to sucking now.

This is on a stationary 10 footer, and re-tweaking was performed.

MeTV had some serious Glitches over the weekend that were mirrored on my local OTA station,

There is also a thread at Ricks about this.

Yeah, I think this is definitely something on the up-link side.

Strange as the problem is less pronounced on the west coast as I am in the secondary 39dBi EIRP footprint and many of you are in the main footprint. Not seeing any break-up in the METV channels at this time, but saw it yesterday AM. The max BER correction is reflected in the fluctuating Signal Quality reading. Seeing variation of 40-70% on a microHD.

METV, METV Alt are still playing fine, but Decades, Heroes & Icons, Movies transponders just started breaking-up as the FEC no longer can correct. I was monitoring Decades on EBSpro and the signal went south at 3:05 PDT.

Which TP are you having trouble with? I seem to be picking them all up here..

3953 is 13.7dB SNR 2340Z

Reactions: DVB-S2
So is this an East Coast / West Coast Footprint thing?
Seems like a no go on the East Coast?

So is this an East Coast / West Coast Footprint thing?
Seems like a no go on the East Coast?

Same issues also on the Central Coast in Kansas...

Decades, H&I and Movies come up with 70% Q then it drops out and comes right back. MeTV is steady at normal 70%.

EDIT: This is on a 10' with a set top box.

Reactions: fred555
I am basically at the geographical center of the continent with a 10 footer, was using a TBS 5980 unitl it overheated and crashed. Meanwhile I tried the azbox and A3 and had trouble tuning the 3953TP with the STBs. Waiting for the 5980 to cool off so I can try it again on the PC.
Modulation is still QPSK, wonder if the FEC is being switched around or something like that, that doesen't seem to affect the PC tuner...

Bad on Heroes Movies and Decades. Q ~ 20, Breaking up BAD.
The MeTV's seem little weaker with Q around 65. No breakups.
No change with Daystar, Q 74
hope it's just weather related.

I just started having trouble with them the last few days. Heroes, Decades and Movies all jumping from 0% to 70%, over and over, but MeTV is ok. Also having same issue with Movies on 99W. :(

Right now though, Movies! is ok on both sats. Heroes and Decades are jumping 0 -70% Q.

I watched multiple episodes of Night Gallery over the weekend at various times on Decades. Saturday evening I watched Get Smart on MeTV ALT and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary here using a 10' dish. I don't really observe the signal levels unless I have a problem.

Weather was clear here in my area until today. I didn't watch any FTA last night to notice. I'll take a look tonight.

Are certain receiver chipsets more prone to these errors? I remember reading something about that recently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.