Digital distortion and picture freeze

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Paolo32

Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
College Station, TX
I have this problem second time. When I come back home and turn on DirecTV receiver (D-10) from time to time I have digital distortion on screen. Also from time to time picture freeze for a 1-2 seconds and then going further .
This is second time when this happened to me. After first time I call for technician to come, but when he finally come everything was working fine. But now after two weeks of peace this happened again.
I can mention that I did reset of receiver box. I do not know how many times. I also disconnect all cables at home and connect again. I did not check cables outside, because my system come with free installation.
Also I need to mention that on local channels (which I receive from second dish) nothing happened.
What this can be, because after my call to DirecTV I am more confused that before.

go to the satellite signal strength in the installation menu, all the transponders should be in the high 80s to mid 90s.. you will lose signal on the total chioce channels at or near 48-49 but locals usually stay on till 15-18 . at ALL my installs i dont leave until 90 at the least, and i show the subscriber how to check signal strength.................bob

I checked the signal strength

And it is around 90 at almost all transponders. It only fluctuate from 86 to 91. This distortion start to happened from around 5 pm. Before 5pm I did not saw them.
On local channels is everything OK (no distortion or picture freeze).
Thats why this is so strange.

What make & model TV/monitor are you using and with what type of cables? I don't think this has too much, if anything to do with it, but it would be great to have the whole picture of what you are using.

I am using S-Video connection

to my Panasonic 29' . I can only mention that I have D10 DirecTV receiver and I try all connections to TV (cable-coaxial, composite and S-Video).
Steel try to figure out what is going on.
I get to conclusion that problem is in:
-cable connection between DirecTV Dish and receiver (but signal strenght that exclude)
-bad receiver
-bad conventer on DirecTV dish
That what I think.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts