Digital Kings.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktriebol

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
I am considering buying a Samsung 50" DLP HDTV (#HLP5063w). Digital Kings.com in New York seems to have them for the lowest price by far compared to the other sources that I have found. Shipping costs are reasonable too. These units are new, not refurbished. Have any of you dealt with Digital Kings.com before? If so, was it a good experience and would you do it again?

Be careful...you get what you pay for. It could be "gray-market" stuff.

I would check with the manufacturer and make sure they are an authorized dealer and are permitted to sell on the Internet, if they are not then chances are you won't have a warranty and if anything happens to your unit, your stuck.

man support your local dealers at all times when buying TV s or any other large Ticket items ...... PLUS stay away for the big stores like best BUY, C.C. ETC.........

I did a lot of research when I bought my Samsung 61" DLP and wound up going with Abe's of Maine (actually, they are in Brooklyn, NY). I would up saving almost $1,400 off of the same set at the local Circuit City, including the cost of shipping. Digital Kings and several other stores from those shopping sites shared the same telephone number so combine that with the bad or no ratings in the local Better Business Bureau, it was easy. Abe's by the way scored well with the local BBB and I would shop for a large, expensive item from them again.

Thank you trm for the conprehensive info. Actually Abe's of Maine is one of the retailers that I was considering as well. They just moved up on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)