digital optic splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Hopesomeone might be able to help. Do you know if a digital optic splitter is available. I have two satellite recivers that have an optic audio output - but naturally my home theatre system only has one input. Thanks for any information that might be provided.

I bought a Toslink splitter at Altex Electronics for about $7. I used it to hook up my Xbox and my MCE to one optical port on the receiver. It works great. That being said, most of the time its on the MCE box, and the Xbox doesnt sent any optical signal when its off. I dont know if you could do it with two satellite STBs as I dont know if they kill the optical signal when you power it off.

I just checked Altex's website and they didnt have it listed online, but if you search Google for "toslink splitter" a bunch of stuff came up.

Jackm said:
Hopesomeone might be able to help. Do you know if a digital optic splitter is available. I have two satellite recivers that have an optic audio output - but naturally my home theatre system only has one input. Thanks for any information that might be provided.

There are manual selector switches available on line in the $15 - $25 range. Any kind of auto select won't work if both receivers are in use. Remote controlled switches will get you into the 3-digit dollar range.

Status
Not open for further replies.