Digital Output Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bogy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
Iowa
I have a 722k that I have not been able to make work with the optical audio output. I have been thinking I was just missing a setting, and have been through the menus on both the 722 and my JVC amp numerous times. So, does Dish actually deliver a signal in Dolby? On any channel? I know not every program is going to be in Dolby, but I haven't found any yet. Is there a setting somewhere OTHER than the Dolby Digital section of the menu I could be missing. I've had this amp hooked up to various cable boxes and DVD players by both the optical inputs as well as the digital coax.

I have the 722 set for Dolby Digital/PCM.

Dish has many Dolby Digital channels. Your setting of Dolby Digital/PCM is the correct setting, that's how mine is set and it works just fine. Are you getting any signal at all? Most all programming on the movie channels, HBO, etc., are DD as are the ESPNs. Have you tried a different Toslink cable?

This is puzzling....

You are going Toslink out of the 722K straight to your AV receiver??

I was about to respond that I had already switched cables, the end of the cable was red, etc., and then I decided to try one more time to make sure. The cable from my DVD player worked this time (who knows, I may have had a setting wrong the last time I tried it). The cable I have been using shows red, but much more dimly than the other cable. Time for a new cable. Unfortunately its the only AV cable I don't have extras of.

Thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts