Digital satellite meter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I was using a analog satellite meter when adjusting my dishes. I am waiting for a digital sat finder meter I ordered on EBay.
This meter has a bar that read from 0 to 99.
Has any of you used one of these meters?
I paid almost $15 for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid $400 for my digital meter. There are others between $100-250 that work well. But 15 bucks is probably going to get you a simple in-line analog non tp specific meter that only shows rf carrier. If so it will have limited usefulness.

Yep Pixl is right what you ordered is the same as you already got. It is just an analog meter with a simple LED bar.

Agreed on the above. A friend of mine has been making (terrestrial) antennas and selling 'em that, in my location, and at only about "head height" installation pull around 30 channels, some from as far as Flint and Kalamazoo without an amplifier. I warned him of the buzzword "digital" and that there are no "digital antennas" just "antennas that work or don't!" He's sold 3 of 'em just from showing people how they perform here, under our towers and at less than average install height. Handy for my RV, too! Maybe I steered him wrong, but it just SEEMS wrong to see (commercial brands) advertise "digital antenna"....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)