Digital Satellite Receiver Help plz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I watch taiwanese and chinese tv channels through two different satellites in my back yard. Recently my digital satellite receiver broke (VIStar 2000 series). Its pretty old and I want to get a new one, but I don't know what will be compatible, as I don't know anything in regards to satellite receivers. Can anyone tell me what kinda of satellite receiver I can buy that has the same capabilities as that VIStar 2000?

Heres the link to the manufacturer's description of the product
Visionetics International

[/FONT] [Alert Moderators]

thread-footer-start.gif

Looks like a typical mpeg 2 receiver, click on the sponsors at the top of the page, there's a wide
assortment of standard receivers avail these days. They all do pretty much the same thing. Your rec had the Conditional Access system built in, but I'm not sure if you were subscribing to a service or just watching the free channels. Most of the receivers advertised here will suit your needs. Some have more features than others, but there's not a lot of major differences.

That is an old picture.. :)

but yes I did have about 8 VCR's set up to record stuff...now we have 3 DVD recorders/HDD and a HDD for the Visionsat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts