SatelliteAV Motorized System Giveaway, We Have a Winner!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The good folks at Satellite AV have done it again! They are letting us give away a complete motorized Free To Air system!

You can win a motorized Visionsat IV-200 or a motorized Fortec Star Mercury II?

To enter, post a reply in this thread telling us which receiver you would choose choose if they win and what feature they like best about the chosen receiver.

Prize includes free shipping within continental US and Canada!

You could win...
Visionsat IV-200 satellite receiver / PVR VISIONSAT IV-200 PVR SATELLITE RECEIVER - SatelliteAV, LLC.
-OR-
Fortec Star Mercury II Satellite receiver
FORTEC MERCURY II SATELLITE RECEIVER - SatelliteAV, LLC.

Plus your system comes complete with...
GEOSATpro 90cm Offset Dish
GEOSATPRO 90CM SATELLITE DISH ANTENNA - SatelliteAV, LLC.

GEOSATpro SL1 Bullet LNBF (World's Smallest, High Performance Standard Linear LNBF)
SINGLE STD FTA SATELLITE LNBF- MINI - SatelliteAV, LLC.

GEOSATpro GS120 HH Motor
GEOSATPRO GS120 FTA SATELLITE MOTOR - SatelliteAV, LLC.

Installation Kit
GEOSAT DELUXE SATELLITE INSTALLATION KIT - SatelliteAV, LLC.

Limit ONE ENTRY per member, per IP address. All SatelliteGuys members and staff are eligible to win (except Scott & Eva Greczkowski)

Contest Closes at NOON on October 19th!

Again THANK you to SatelliteAV for making this contest possible!

Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Merc II. I had one orignally and I sold it. I wish I had it back. :) I loved the stability and blindscan with all the options, plus it seemed to catch stuff that my other receivers missed routinely.

I would choose the Mer II also. My motor died, so I am looking for a new system. Although, if I won, I would keep the motor, and the receiver, and then I would donate the rest of the items to members of this fine board that were in need.

Visionsat / Mercury

I'd go for the Visionsat because it has PVR capability. That would allow me to waste my time in fast-forward mode.

entry for Anole

I have a Mercury II, and think highly of it.
However, I do favor PVR-style receivers, and promote the Visionsat IV-200 to anyone who'll listen.
It'd be my next buy.
Why? It'll record the shows, and using VideoReDo, I can make DVDs from 'em.
Beat that with a stick! :cool:

To enter, post a reply in this thread telling us which receiver you would choose if they win and what feature they like best about the chosen receiver.

Again THANK you to SatelliteAV for making this contest possible!

I concur about the Visionsat, I have a couple big hard drives kicking around that could be put to use with a USB-based PVR. Apart from a one small issue that I read about on this receiver, it sounds like a beauty.

A bifold thanks to SatelliteAV for offering this giveaway and also for making it available to Canadians as well - you guys rock! :):up

I would prefer the Visionsat IV 200. The PVR functions, and the easy connection with USB are what wins me over. Since I am a Mac user, it would be much easier for me to load firmware and the like through the USB drive, since I do not have a serial port, and would have to use a Serial > USB converter.

I also like the idea of recording to an external drive, then connecting it to my computer for easy editing and archiving. Sounds fantastic!

Mercury II, I have used one before and it had some features that I liked. I did like where you can back up your channel data to the receiver before you do a factory reset.

I would choose the Visionsat IV-200 because of the PVR recording capabilities. I am new to FTA, and this would be a great way to get started.

I would choose the Visionsat because of 3 reasons
1. I already have one and LOVE it
2. PVR capabilities
3. can run a 8x1 Diseqc swicth with no issues :)

and THANKS to SatelliteAv for another great contest :)

i've not had a FTA system before but i'm seriously considering one. looking at the two receivers mentioned, i would also have to choose the visionsat because you can record with it. seriously, i don't think you can ever have enough video recorders. to me, they are the greatest invention since sliced bread!!

Most definitely the Visionsat PVR, just for the PVR function that is sorely needed in the FTA arena. And that I do not have a PVR FTA receiver that WORKS. Thanks to SatelliteAv for a great contest! :up

hwatver ssytem i et woudel eb fine

mymom ddosent have afta for herself

in my rorome my very old grnadma and 1 26 soon 27 year old share bed room

My fta amy dih reive, and my ael ive rae al in my rooom

My mom want to watch american tv ehe onlyahs cabelat ehr room and ahets de remtoe conteol of te motrola dc 700 (odle dmeol noenw moel inemxico90

BuT my rganda has rpiority for waitching tv we repe her at ehr 89 eyar a odl with fe mvoen so elt gvie ehm some oy in ehr sicknes

a pvr woduel be evry ehelp in my heom so my mom taht works all day foprm 8 am to 8pm in oen fo ehr jobs( seha sa 2 ( cbna ah tv when he st

my mom si wwing the ls tahn the 6 aprt of the sualy salry that on tin eh aps no e work for the govermen al ehrl fe and after the poltical shaneg in emxico se fired form ehr job jut becuse she was friend(a or a sept fmily) with e polcial cnadite that sot in 200

seh si a uren ia tribunals ifghting to egt abk her job and a godo }moenyseh deves by being fired 1 mroe yearat els ( ecasa j ben 3 eyas intirbhnunals)

the pvr wodueol agev us the orpotnity se an wath hetv she antat teh momen she is at home
i culd wath tv hen myrgdnam doen le mein he oom
amotrized sytem woduel elt us watch chanel from spain the coutnry of my rgdnfatehr tjat unfurtunatle i ahev enver met buy i lvoe omuch , a psnaiah refuge form spain civil warthat dei before franco and never return home
ims ftryn tofian job intv dinutrya dn woudelh me et mroe kwolge for egting it:; i finsih comtpeur cienc e 1 yaera an ahf and know oen hive smy job for mytle disbility
Myd ream si egt altvchanel psosieblo, jsut l9eka poekmon trianner a fmtorizeddish woduel eb rpet

RAransay, where do you live? Sorry, but I have never seen a post like yours. I can't even decipher it near the end.

one well tested

I dont' have a FTA system yet so anything free would be a great way to start.

I would have to say something well tested like the Fortec Star Mercury II Satellite receiver with everything needed to start in this hobby.

Visionsat, mostly for the PVR but also for the USB supported updates, so I can update it without having to remove it from the entertainment center.

Plus my neighbors are starting to wonder why I have 3 satellite dishes (2 from dish and 1 fta) and a few are starting to get interested in the hobby. ;)

I'd want the Visionsat mainly due to the PVR capabilities. Sounds like a nice receiver from the many comments I've read about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)