Digital Simulcast Discussion

ssetta

Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Natick, MA
Hi, I'm new here, and some of you may recognize me from another cable and satellite TV forum, while some of you may not know me. But I am a Comcast customer and I have been waiting for a long time for Comcast to complete this "rumored" digital simulcast, where they will simulcast all of the analog channels in digital for people who have a digital box. I remember hearing last January that they were supposed to do it, and they already did about 13 channels in my area, which they did back in April, but they have not done any since then. I'm in the Boston area. So, does anyone know anything more about the digital simulcast for New England?

The only thing I can tell you is that a week ago a tech was installing a DVR box in my home and I asked him the same question. He indicated taht it should be soon because he had received a text message that morning that they had "completed all the work to go all digital."

HDFreud said:
The only thing I can tell you is that a week ago a tech was installing a DVR box in my home and I asked him the same question. He indicated taht it should be soon because he had received a text message that morning that they had "completed all the work to go all digital."
I know, from what I've understand, I think most of NJ has already completed it, and some areas in Massachusetts have too, but mine has not, and they WERE supposed to complete it by the end of this year, but I'm not sure if they will. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)