Digital Simulcast moving backwards?

GMFreak8

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Adirondacks
Time Warner recently switched over most of the analog channels here to digital although there are a few left to do. Today though I noticed I'm actually loosing digital channels. The local Fox, CBS, ABC, and NBC channels have now gone back to their analog format. Anyone have any idea why Time Warner might do this? Can I expect them back in any reasonable amount of time? Unlike some of the other channels the digital feeds for these channels actually looked better than the analog. It figures it would be these channels that would go back to analog format. :(

Maybe they feel bad for people like me here in Columbus, Ohio who have ZERO Digital Simulcast channels! :) I can't wait until they finally give it to us.

JayPSU said:
Maybe they feel bad for people like me here in Columbus, Ohio who have ZERO Digital Simulcast channels! :) I can't wait until they finally give it to us.

:eek:You mean this area wasn't last to get something? My god, I think that may be the first time.

GMFreak8 said:
The local Fox, CBS, ABC, and NBC channels have now gone back to their analog format. Anyone have any idea why Time Warner might do this?
Don't you think there's a reason that they're only switching a few at a time ?? This is called testing and if they've reverted to what they had previously, maybe something wrong is showing up in their testing (on their end).

hall said:
Don't you think there's a reason that they're only switching a few at a time ?? This is called testing and if they've reverted to what they had previously, maybe something wrong is showing up in their testing (on their end).

Gee, I never thought of that. Do you have to be such a smartass. :rolleyes:

I'm asking because these channels have been like this for close to a month, and suddenly now for almost a week, they've been gone, and now the analog channel is looking worse and worse, not to mention the sound is like AM stereo.....

You'd think if they had a problem, they'd fix it quicker then this, especially with the quality being so bad. On second thought, probably not, as they switch to digital and add more and more channels the quality and reliability seems to be getting worse. God I wish FiOS TV was offered in this area....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)