digital tilt meter discount:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
There's a 25% off (one item) sale on the First at Harbor Freight, with a coupon.
I dropped into my local store yesterday, and they gave me a handful of coupons.

Gonna go back tomorrow for the digital angle finder.
Couple of our members got 'em last year, and seem to like it.

So you have to go to a store to get the coupons?

17:06PM on New Years Eve?

Ok, I wil try this. Hope it goes well...

Thanks for the TIP.

Apparently they were mailed out to those on some list.
But, I will bet they hand 'em to you tomorrow in the store.

Their whole goal is to get you into the store, so I can't really see 'em giving you any trouble! - :)

There's a 25% off (one item) sale on the First at Harbor Freight, with a coupon.
I dropped into my local store yesterday, and they gave me a handful of coupons.

Gonna go back tomorrow for the digital angle finder.
Couple of our members got 'em last year, and seem to like it.

If anyone finds a company that sells these things via internet mail order, please post. Apparently Harbor Freight only sell through the stores, and there isn't a store within a 4 hour drive of me, and I don't think it's worth 8 hours of driving to get one.

Looks like a neat gadget though, because the digital level I have is too long to fit on many of the mount surfaces I'd like to measure, and I have to improvise to use it.

Store by me was busy today. They had the coupons at the cash register.
Couldn't resist a digital VOM for $1.99

I noticed that when you rotate the angle meter upside down, the display flips over electronically, too cool.

B. J. search for this item number on Harbor Freights on-line store. 95998

Should come up for $24.99

Take care
Charles

Thanks. Took me a bit of googling to find the on-line store, but I found it. But then I was reluctant to order, since they said that they sold your email address to other companies. I guess it's at least good that they are honest and tell you.
Found a couple similar devices at Amazon (who already has my email address, and's probably doing the same thing), but the ones at amazon are a bit more expensive. Anyway, now in brain lock, trying to make up my mind.

Thanks. Took me a bit of googling to find the on-line store, but I found it. But then I was reluctant to order, since they said that they sold your email address to other companies. I guess it's at least good that they are honest and tell you.
Found a couple similar devices at Amazon (who already has my email address, and's probably doing the same thing), but the ones at amazon are a bit more expensive. Anyway, now in brain lock, trying to make up my mind.

Call and order. They try to sell you a bunch of magazines and such but they will not have your email address that way.

Nifty!
Hmmm.. no shipping outside the US... :(
Hmmm.. might be going to Fargo in a couple weeks. I see they have a retail store there. :) Might just have to make another stop.
Tnx Anole for letting us know!
-C.

When I have to deal with any website that I feel will give me a lot of spam email, I just use a free email account like hotmail or yahoo instead of my primary email. I find hotmail's spam filter leaves something to be desired anyway, so it's just my junk email account now.

I got mine today. Been waiting for them to go on sale.

Wound up being $25 with tax; not exactly what I'd hoped for.
But, I guess that's better than the stock $33 with tax, eh? - :rolleyes:

Nifty!
Hmmm.. no shipping outside the US... :(
Hmmm.. might be going to Fargo in a couple weeks. I see they have a retail store there. :) Might just have to make another stop.
Tnx Anole for letting us know!
-C.

You can get a tilt box at Lee Valley tools in Winnipeg for $42 if you don't end up going to Fargo.

Oh well, maybe next time... I ended up not going where I was going to go, so I didn't stop by Harbor Freight. Do they have these 25% off sales often? I know Big Lots has them four or five times a year...

I also got one last weekend for $25 with tax and I used it to realign my fixed 36" dish for 103.0°W AMC 1 Ku. (It helped quite a bit)

How does everyone else calibrate the zero for their digital level?
I calibrated mine by placing the level on the top of a hanging chandelier :)

How does everyone else calibrate the zero for their digital level?
I calibrated mine by placing the level on the top of a hanging chandelier :)
I place it four ways on a flat level table - should read zero all four directions. (you may have to level the table)
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)