Digital Transition killing OTA signal strength.

I also have a 722 and it has problems with any OTA signal that is below 74. One of our local stations here in Lansing Michigan just went all digital and moved from 57 UHF to 10 VHF. I bought a uhf/vhf antenna and I still can't get a reliable signal from them, 20 miles from transmitter. I had peaked the antenna to get around 70-72 strength on the 722, but that will not provide a stable picture. I can plug the same antenna directly into my sony KDS-60A3000 tuner and the same signal strength will provide a stable picture. I think it is a combination of lower signal strength and the fact that the 722 tuner is not as good as the one in my HDTV. I guess I will have to put my antenna on the roof after all.

quote=Inno;1720747]The only benefit I can see is now that the VHF Lo is dropping off[/quote]

Hey, VHF low is still running hard around here and will be for years. No drop off here, brah. Eh. I can hit every channel on this report , some days are better than others.

image.aspx
[

Last edited:
Stations available in Minnesota OTA

Where do I find stations that are OTA in my area? live in south central Minnesota-near Hanska and want to find out what stations I could be getting...thanks

AntennaWeb sux, because it says I should only get ONE channel, and in fact I get almost ALL of them for my location. TVFool is VERY accurate with what I get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts