Digitrans receiver tranponder identification

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
Hi I have a digitrans dte-7100 and I have a few questions on how to find information for certain DC2 transponders.

1. I am trying to figure out how to find the VCT info. This requires knowing the number of the satellite you are on. I have no idea how to find out what satellite is what number. But when the proper number is entered A satellite name pops up and tells you the proper VCT.

2. I have no idea how to tell if a 19510/29270 SR tranponder is split or Combo mode. Mainly 29270. I know there is DC2C mode and then DC2I/Q mode but I am not sure what is what.

3. I also would like to know how to tell if a tranponder is QPSK or OQPSK. This info would help me out a lot when I look for channels.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. I read the manual and figured out some of the VCT search mode but still do not know what the satellite numbers should be.

I'm not sure if the 7100 does dvb like the 7150 does. On my 7150, I found my desired satellite using a Ku dvb signal, then switching to C. I pulled the transponder info from lyngsat and played with the DC II settings until the desired signal locked. Most would not authorize, but the FP or ZK ones would authorize.

The VCT info is pulled down when you lock a valid DC II signal. The VCT is part of the data stream. My satellite name stays blank since it is not fixed on the same bird full time.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Bongu said:
I'm not sure if the 7100 does dvb like the 7150 does. On my 7150, I found my desired satellite using a Ku dvb signal, then switching to C. I pulled the transponder info from lyngsat and played with the DC II settings until the desired signal locked. Most would not authorize, but the FP or ZK ones would authorize.

The VCT info is pulled down when you lock a valid DC II signal. The VCT is part of the data stream. My satellite name stays blank since it is not fixed on the same bird full time.

That's how it is on my 7100 once you lock it pulls the VCT.

How do you figure out which VCT # is the right one? When I go to DCII VCT mode there are several different numbers and the manual prompts you to enter the proper satellite number. I am not sure what number they mean. Are the satellite numbers universal or are they programmed at some point. I think there is like 255 entries.

I don't even bother with the satellite number. I don't believe I use the VCT mode. This makes things really hard. There is an easier way to do it. I will look for the basic info I have and send it to you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)