Dilema

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
I have come across a 1.8 meter fiberglass dish that came off a chevy auto dealer that I was told I could get. It has the NPRM and the whole assembly is already on the ground in one piece due to a remodel. Everything is there, no damage at all to anything. All I have to do is unbolt it and take it home. Problem is finding a spot for it

Wife wasnt too happy with the 33" I found, I think she will blow a fuze if I brought this home. Oh dear :(

Looks like you have to pull a trick that works for me: Buy her a present FIRST, meanwhile have the item you want stashed somewhere for a week or two if you have to get it right away.

Then one day when she is gone, bring it home and set it up. If she dares to say anything, just point out that SHE got a nice present, and why should she now begrudge you a FREE dish? lol

No really, it DOES WORK!!!

It's under the theory that "it's better to ask for forgiveness, then ask for permission" + a BRIBE of sorts!

Looks like you have to pull a trick that works for me: Buy her a present FIRST, meanwhile have the item you want stashed somewhere for a week or two if you have to get it right away.

Then one day when she is gone, bring it home and set it up. If she dares to say anything, just point out that SHE got a nice present, and why should she now begrudge you a FREE dish? lol

No really, it DOES WORK!!!

It's under the theory that "it's better to ask for forgiveness, then ask for permission" + a BRIBE of sorts!
Yeahh, buy her a receiver as a gift, then she would have an use for a big dish.:)

primestar31,

This looks like something Ricky Ricardo would do to bribe Lucy:)

Besides the receiver get her a new 50" TV which will make watching signals from the new dish that much better, or just tell her who wears the pants and just install it and live with the pain.

I showed my wife some pictures of dishes in a terrible state of disarray, slopped together and totally ugly, garbage all over the place. I explained to her my fascination with satellite dishes could be a lot worse. I found when a 10' dish is up in the air 15 feet it doesn't look near as big as it does on the ground. :)

Take it!! Immediately!!! Is Free and 6' your good opportunity to start to test on C band signals..
I know she will upset with you maybe one or two weeks but in a few time she will accept your Big toy..
Remember Christmas is Coming all differences Must be forgotten
Why not ask her? My Love This Christmas All that I want Is my "Free" 6' dish antenna!!!

Ill see about getting it on my day off which wont be till sunday. She doesnt watch it at all, she watches cable (perk for working for the cable company). She REALLY doesnt want me to put anymore dishes in the yard since I am at 6 right now.

To bad she wont be gone for an afternoon, it would just happen to find itself in the back yard. This is literally only a 1/4 mile from me too

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts