Diplex filter on Shaw feedline?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Skylooker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Northeast Indiana
I'm going to be ordering my Shaw system in a day or two and had a question about diplex filters.

One of the two cables that goes to the location of the TV right now has a diplex filter attached. I'm feeding the output of a DiSEqC switch along with OTA antenna on that single coax. My question is, can I leave the diplexer in there when I remove the FTA unit that gets its signal from the DiSEqC and replace it with the DSR630 that will be fed by the Shaw dish?

When I had DirecTV installed the guy said to never put the diplexer on the line that carries the signal for the whole-house DVR. I was wondering if the Shaw PVR had the same limitation, since it's not carrying signal other than the sat feed from the dish.

Thanks!

I've always chosen to run separate lines out of concern for the insertion loss of 2 diplexers. I'm not sure how they do the switching with the new xKU.

Yeah, good point. I don't really have the option of running a fourth coax, though. I can forego the OTA antenna, if necessary.

One other question. I know this is unrelated, but I don't want to start another thread.

All I'm really after are the networks that can be had in the timeshift bundle. Any chance I can subscribe to just that bundle, or is there a minimum package requirement?

I have my receivers (which includes a 630) connected with a 5x8 multiswitch, and diplexers at the outputs. For the two lines into the 630, one has a diplexer, the other does not. No problems with my receiver. Hope this helps.

All I'm really after are the networks that can be had in the timeshift bundle. Any chance I can subscribe to just that bundle, or is there a minimum package requirement?

I think you can add it to any package other than DIGITAL LITE. I see they're running a .01/month for 6 months promo now.

I think you can add it to any package other than DIGITAL LITE. I see they're running a .01/month for 6 months promo now.

Well, that's too bad. I figured if I had to take a package, it would be that one (the least expensive). Like I said, I don't want the package at all, just that one bundle. Hate paying for channels I don't ever plan to watch. C'mon CRTC and make those changes so I don't have to waste my money. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)