Diplexer For OTA With Hopper

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
I have a single Hopper with the solo node at the dish. Can I add diplexers into the single coax coming out of the solo node that goes into the Hopper so OTA can be used?

Thanx

The OTA module has nothing to do with a diplexer. I need to get the signal from the OTA antenna on the roof next to the dish.

If you are close to the transmitters, you might try an indoor antenna. But NEVER mess with the clean RG6- 3.0 connection between the node and Hopper.

You can diplex it with the line for the Joey, if you have one. If not you need to run a separate coax.
How? A diplexor splits the signal approx the 900mhz. Dish Moca and OTA both live in the area below that.

Reactions: JSheridan
You can diplex from the lnb and ota down to right before you plug into the node. From there you have to leave the host line clean

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can diplex from the lnb and ota down to right before you plug into the node. From there you have to leave the host line clean

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Which is not the Hopper/Joey system, it's the LNB lines. Di-plexing before the node can be done but the point of di-plexiong is to dual use a line when you can't run another. That's not usually the OTA line outside.

I'll say again, the Hopper/Joey SYSTEM can not be di-plexed.

And the OP was specifically asking about diplexing after the node, which would never work.

I was more interested in using the same coax for distribution of video using a modulator on a Joey, but looked at it once, and theoretically partial OTA up to the mid 20 channels or so, IIRC, could live on the same line as moca based on the 500mhz range Dish has reserved for moca. Even if you were in a market with no upper range UHF stations, just throwing an antenna on the line would likely add too much noise into the moca range and potentially broadcast your moca signal to the neighbors. You would need to cleanly inject the appropriate frequencies and basically create your own custom diplexor using filters.

Not worth the headache and risk it wouldn't work in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)