Diplexer Issue?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

khsb14

Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Phenix City, AL
Hello! I have Dish Network and am in the process of trying to install an off air Antenna. I have the antenna on the roof a few feet from the Satellite (they face opposite directions). I used a diplexer to combine the signals coming into the house and than a diplexer to seperate them again before plugging into the TV. The Satelitte signal is coming in fine, however, I have no signal from the antenna. I know it has to do with the diplexer because I have now put two antennas on the house and still have no signal. The tower for the station I am trying to get is 5 miles away. The Diplexer I am using is the Aspen D2200.

Any ideas?

Two diplexers cause around 60% signal loss. With the "cliff effect" on digital broadcasts, it doesn't take much to reduce the signal below the threshold at which your tuner holds onto a signal. At 5 miles away, I hesitate to suggest an amplifier as it may cause more problems. Now, if you are splitting the signal and diplexing, I suggest a small amplifier to make up for the signal loss. The best candidate might be Channel Masters CM3412.

The other possibility is that one of the diplexers is bad. If this was the case, you would get no signal on all OTA channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)