Diplexer or Spliter

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 5, 2005
I recently had a dish tech out to realign my dish while he was he here I ask him if he could extend my dish antenna on the output 2 of my 722.

I thought you would need two diplexers one at the 722 to where you could feed the remote antenna and tv 2 out into the diplexer and out into one wire and a second diplexer at the TV where you would attach the diplexer to the wire and the antenna to one side and the tv to the other.

I thought this is what diplexers were designed to do feed two different signals over one line.

The Dish tech and I am talking inhouse dish tech not a sub insisted that all he needed to use was splitters.

It actually worked worse after he did this. Was the Tech correct?

splitter installing

yes 2 splitters must be used.
from back of 722/622/625
short jumper from remote ant port to 1 out leg of splitter, 2nd short jumper from tv2 port to 2nd out leg of splitter, on the in side of splitter shorth jumper to ant side of diplexer

behind your 2nd tv, from wall to in side of splitter, ant on 1 leg of out side on splitter, and jumper from 2nd leg of out side of splitter to your tv.

use good splitters, not from radio shack, try and get cable company splitters. this will make a difference on pix. if splitters are backwards, bad pix quality

good luck, done this hundreds of times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts