Diplexer or Splitter/Combiner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

codee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Hey guys -

Currently have 2 811s, and a 942. The 942s tv out backfeeds into the home distribution system on channel 100. I am looking to add a digital cable box to one of the tvs also. (Comcast has the MTV music suite, along with ondemand which I thought I would be ok without but it really is VERY handy. Anyways, all the tvs that have a sat box, have 2 feeds goin to them. (sat/OTA HD antenna comined with diplexers, and the 942 tv2 out for DVR playback) The rest of the tvs only have one feed with the TV2 output hooked upto it.

Now, my question is this - The dish guy unhooked the Comcast feed for all the lines except the ones that go to the living room, Cable modem, and Digital phone system so he could tie the TV2 into the house distribution system. If I want to put the Digital cable box on the tvs, would I use diplexers, or a combiner/splitter to integrate the tv2 output with the cable signal? (on a un-used channel of course) I'm not sure I understand differences enough to know which one I should use...

Thanks!

I actually have a different question but along this same topic... I am currently considering getting DN installed, but I am wary of the complexities of what I want in the installation.

My goal is to have two recievers with svideo output (these will be fed into a MythTV PVR device, so a 311 or whatever the dual tuner reciever is does not meet the criteria I am looking for), both dropped in the same room near the back of the house I rent. This room currently has a cable modem feed in it. Is it possible (and is it likely the installer will bring the equipment needed) to diplex the cable modem and a 2 reciever feed on one RG6 (in my previous house, a roommate had DTV, and a single reciever diplexed with cablemodem worked fine)?

If it is not possible, is it likely the installer is going to crawl the house length in the attic and drop a new cable down or would that be my responsiblity? Would they just leave the equipment and let me do that myself? I'd consider installation in a different room, but we have Vonage VOIP and that same room is where that device lives as well.

If this were my house, I'd be keen to just start setting up wiring and centralized junctions (modify the phone company term interface to take VOIP instead, etc.) but its just a rental and I dont want to ruffle too many feathers.

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)