Diplexer Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jsb_hburg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Hello,

I have tried search. What I would like to do is install the 110/119 and 61.5 dishes to the two SW21s per this Dish diagram and have my antenna connected over the same coax going to each 811.

I will have two 811s. They will be my only Dish STBs. I have not seen discussion on how the diplexors are installed. The Voom multiswitch included an input for the OTA antenna.

I do not see that the Dish multiswitches include an OTA antenna input. Or is there one?

I am afraid that I might have to use a splitter and two diplexors to use one coax for each receiver. If so, I am concerned about OTA signal loss. Is this the way it will be done with Dish or is there a better solution?

Thanks!

It looks like the splitter/ two sets of diplexors option is the way to go. You might want to put a pre-amplifier on the line.. somewhere. Trial and error will be the key to figure that out.

Hello,

Thanks. I do have a pre-amp. It does seem like it is the way to go.

Quote from BcShields "Voomers! Welcome to Dish! Now there's a few things y'all need to understand. 1) Dish somehow makes money, so everything won't be for free after you sign up. 2) CSR Roulette. Call again. 3) Dish doesn't always have their duckies lined up in a row. Give it a month or two on any new promotion before they figure it out. And one last thing... kindness and patience will always get you closer to where you're wanting to go."

So well said. Please be kind to install techs and feed and water occasionally.....

You don't need 2 pair of diplexers, just one pair of diplexers and one splitter. Insert the first diplexer and OTA coax AFTER your switch and run it in on one coax and split it out with the other diplexer in the house, then run the OTA portion through the splitter then to the OTA input on both receivers. Piece of cheesecake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)