SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I want to have something like this.

OTA----\-----------/-OTA1
--------DP------???-----------/----OTA2
SAT----/-----------\---------DP
------------------------------\-----811

I.e. I need to have OTA signal split, instead of diplexed out. Of course I can diplex it out, split, and diplex it back it, but that would involve 4 diplexers.

Is there such a thing to use where I have ??? in my diagram?

Your second choice with 4 diplexers is the most practicle and the only one that is doable with a single cable from the TV antenna.

mammothskier said:
I want to have something like this.

OTA----\-----------/-OTA1
--------DP------???-----------/----OTA2
SAT----/-----------\---------DP
------------------------------\-----811

I.e. I need to have OTA signal split, instead of diplexed out. Of course I can diplex it out, split, and diplex it back it, but that would involve 4 diplexers.

Is there such a thing to use where I have ??? in my diagram?

I dont know of anything, but I currently do this with with your alternalte suggestions (4 Diplexers).

I use an amp with the antenna, split it , run it into 2 diplexers with two SAT feeds, then diplex back out again at the 2 boxes, one upstairs and one downstairs. The antenna is in the attic. I dont have any OTA droppouts on the 811 (downstairs) and the 301 passes through crystal clear analog stations as well. SAT signal does not suffer either.

Are you worried about signal loss?

Just speculating here, but why not replace the "???" in the original diagram with a wide-band splitter and a diplexer and NOT use that diplexers satellite outputs.

I do NOT know what that might do to the satellite signal strength, but it's worth a shot. The wide-band splitter needs to handle 50-2200MHz. In effect, just a Y-connection that is 'clean' at RF frequencies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts