Diplexer with Solo Node

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John Nv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 26, 2016
Dayton, NV
I have seen this discussed on other threads and there seems to be conflicting info. I want to connect an OTA antenna and use a diplexer after the solo node to combine the signals. At the TV I will use another diplexer to split the signals - one for the Hopper and one for the TV OTA input. I will not be connecting the OTA feed to the Hopper.

I have only the one TV and no Joey's. Other posts say the frequency used to talk to Joey's conflicts with the OTA bands, but, since I don't have any Joey's, will diplexers work for me?

At some point I plan to cancel Dish ("cut the cord"), and this is a gradual step in that direction. I don't want to run another coax through the attic if I don't have to.

I have seen this discussed on other threads and there seems to be conflicting info. I want to connect an OTA antenna and use a diplexer after the solo node to combine the signals. At the TV I will use another diplexer to split the signals - one for the Hopper and one for the TV OTA input. I will not be connecting the OTA feed to the Hopper.

I have only the one TV and no Joey's. Other posts say the frequency used to talk to Joey's conflicts with the OTA bands, but, since I don't have any Joey's, will diplexers work for me?

At some point I plan to cancel Dish ("cut the cord"), and this is a gradual step in that direction. I don't want to run another coax through the attic if I don't have to.
Dish does not support using a diplexer with Hopper systems. However, I seem to remember some saying it worked for them.

MOCA uses650 - 875 MHz, with 50 - 575 MHz marked as "reserved". Hopper 1 and 2 use three satellite bands: 950 - 1450, 1650 - 2150 and 2500 - 3000 MHz. MOCA and/or the "reserved" frequencies could interfere with certain OTA channels. MOCA rides on the cable between node and receiver and can't be turned off so there is a possibility of interference with the OTA signal. Plus, it's possible MOCA could be transmitted from your OTA antenna.

Reactions: harshness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts