Diplexer with Solo Node

John Nv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 26, 2016
Dayton, NV
I have seen this discussed on other threads and there seems to be conflicting info. I want to connect an OTA antenna and use a diplexer after the solo node to combine the signals. At the TV I will use another diplexer to split the signals - one for the Hopper and one for the TV OTA input. I will not be connecting the OTA feed to the Hopper.

I have only the one TV and no Joey's. Other posts say the frequency used to talk to Joey's conflicts with the OTA bands, but, since I don't have any Joey's, will diplexers work for me?

At some point I plan to cancel Dish ("cut the cord"), and this is a gradual step in that direction. I don't want to run another coax through the attic if I don't have to.

I have seen this discussed on other threads and there seems to be conflicting info. I want to connect an OTA antenna and use a diplexer after the solo node to combine the signals. At the TV I will use another diplexer to split the signals - one for the Hopper and one for the TV OTA input. I will not be connecting the OTA feed to the Hopper.

I have only the one TV and no Joey's. Other posts say the frequency used to talk to Joey's conflicts with the OTA bands, but, since I don't have any Joey's, will diplexers work for me?

At some point I plan to cancel Dish ("cut the cord"), and this is a gradual step in that direction. I don't want to run another coax through the attic if I don't have to.
Dish does not support using a diplexer with Hopper systems. However, I seem to remember some saying it worked for them.

MOCA uses650 - 875 MHz, with 50 - 575 MHz marked as "reserved". Hopper 1 and 2 use three satellite bands: 950 - 1450, 1650 - 2150 and 2500 - 3000 MHz. MOCA and/or the "reserved" frequencies could interfere with certain OTA channels. MOCA rides on the cable between node and receiver and can't be turned off so there is a possibility of interference with the OTA signal. Plus, it's possible MOCA could be transmitted from your OTA antenna.

Reactions: harshness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts