Diplexer with Wally

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jackonearth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
San Francisco, California
I know this is old school but can a diplexer be used with a Wally and an RV dome dish to run the satellite and OTA antenna signals over a single coax line?
Is there a specific type of diplexer I should look for?
I don't know what kind of signals the Wally uses to control the dome dish and if the diplexer would interfere with it.

Does nobody know or did I post this in the wrong place?
This is the right place. It is just that I do not have any experience using a diplexer with a dome dish, and I doubt many other members have done so either. If I remember correctly, it is recommended not to use a diplexer, but I don't remember the exact reason why. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about this will stumble across this thread and chime in with more details.

This is the right place. It is just that I do not have any experience using a diplexer with a dome dish, and I doubt many other members have done so either. If I remember correctly, it is recommended not to use a diplexer, but I don't remember the exact reason why. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about this will stumble across this thread and chime in with more details.
You can't use a diplexer with the Hopper system because the MoCA signals occupy the same low frequency range as OTA signals.
But like I said I have no idea what kind of signals the Wally uses to control an RV dome dish.

It would be great to learn about Wally receiver and diplexers. My first attempt was unsuccessful.

Can I use an A/B switch on the coax feed to a Wally?

No reason why diplexers wouldn't work with a Wally, as for the A/B switch, that's a big no. How would you even wire that?

Reactions: TheKrell
I know, with the OTA Antenna blitz right now, some guys have used Diplexers on Wally and on Hoppers, successfully., You have to double Diplex it with the Hopper line connected to the sat in/In/Out to the other Diplexor's In/Out, Sat Line to the Hopper itself and the OTA cable using the UHV/VHF Ports. I wouldn't have thought a Hopper would work, but a few guys said it does. HOWEVER, I will qualify this by saying I wasn't there and didn't see for myself Moca or if all the tuners were in

Reactions: charlesrshell
So it's been awhile since I was a tech but I did a lot of diplexing and double diplexing back in the day. MOCA frequencies and OTA/RF frequencies tend to run in the same range so that can cause problems if you're using both. However, and correct me if I'm wrong, but a wally is basically a 211/211z and if it's the only receiver you're using you wouldn't have any MOCA to worry about.

So yes. You should be just fine.

Last edited:
The question about A/B switch was to change between roof and external antennas when trees block out signal to motorhome.
I used a good quality AB switch in my mobile home to do the very thing you are wanting to do. I did this with a VIP722K and it worked fine. I don't see why it wouldn't work with a Wally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)