Diplexing/OTA/Splitting how to?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Terrence

Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
Newbie, so bear with me.

I have D* HD on my living room tv. I ave an HD ready tv in the bedroom. I just got a samsung HD box off of craigslist and it works great. When i got the box in the living room, D* installed an OTA antenna ontop of the dish and diplexed the signal on the cable going down the wall in the living room. What do i need to do to get that signal to the bedroom cable also to put up the OTA signals. I am in Dallas and get GREAT OTA HD signals. Do i need to buy a new diplexer? any pics would be helpful as I am going to try this setup this weekend.

Thanks in advance....
:bow
:up

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Do you have an external multiswitch or are all of your coax lines straight into the dish?

What you could do is get a good splitter and split your OTA antenna line from one to two lines and diplex them into another diplexor like your living room run is now.

By the way, I'm originally from the DFW area. They do have GREAT OTA!

well

Well to my understanding, i have coax lines into the dish. Then in the attic there is a multiswitch. I am not sure if the diplexer before or after the multiswitch or if there are more ports on it. I guess I could figure out what it looks like and find it, then see if there are new ports. Hell maybe I need to get a DirecTV guy out here to fix it for me.

What do you have for a TV antenna? Does it have an amplifier built in ( is it line powered)? What model Samsung did you buy are you talking about an OTA tuner or a Directv receiver with an OTA built in?

The model is....

I am trying to get my OTA via the DirecTV box. It is a samsung SIR-T160. I have 2, one that gets DirecTV HD and OTA HD. The other (new one to me) get the D* HD but not the OTA HD. I remember the installer talking about using a diplexer, but that is all I know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts