Diplexor question

Sapient

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
I'm hoping someone can explain things to me in a way my little brain can understand.

My current set up is like this. I have a single coax cable running from by basement to my 622. That cable has a diplexer on it, which sends the signal down two pieces of coax into my DVR's Input 1 and Input 2. The 622 outputs into another piece of coax, which goes into another diplexer which sends the output signal back down my single line of coax to my basement, from where it feeds a second TV.

I am removing that second TV from my set up. I pulled off the diplexer that deals with the 622 output. But I am confused by what is going on in my basement.

Two lines come down from my dish, but only one is hooked into a diplexer. It is hooked up to the connection labeled "Satellite". The connection "In/Out" goes to my 622. "TV" goes to my second TV2.

Don't I need both lines coming from my dish connected to this setup? Can I just pull off that basement diplexer and have my one like of coax hooked up to one line from the Satellite? Is there something wrong with the way everything is put together?

I'm sorry for how stupid these questions probably are. And here is one more. Is it possible that the complexity of all the signals being sent down one line and through several diplexers could be causing some of the macroblocking I am seeing? I do seem to be able to affect the quality of my picture by moving my cables around.

Edit: Sorry for the spelling problem(s).

Don't I need both lines coming from my dish connected to this setup? Can I just pull off that basement diplexer and have my one like of coax hooked up to one line from the Satellite? Is there something wrong with the way everything is put together?

I'm sorry for how stupid these questions probably are. And here is one more. Is it possible that the complexity of all the signals being sent down one line and through several diplexers could be causing some of the macroblocking I am seeing? I do seem to be able to affect the quality of my picture by moving my cables around.

Edit: Sorry for the spelling problem(s).

No, Yes, No
No

are you wanting to disconnect the TV2 output all together?
If so, just take both diplexers (leave the seperator behind the receiver) off, and use a barrel connector in the basement to connect on of the lines from the dish to the line going to the receiver, then connect the line up behind the reciever directly to the seperator... done

No, Yes, No
No

are you wanting to disconnect the TV2 output all together?
If so, just take both diplexers (leave the seperator behind the receiver) off, and use a barrel connector in the basement to connect on of the lines from the dish to the line going to the receiver, then connect the line up behind the reciever directly to the seperator... done

Thanks. That is what it looked like needed to be done, but I always thought both lines from the Dish were supposed to be fed into the single line going off to my TV. At my old house, the two lines went straight to the two inputs on my old DVR.

So when I get a second HDTV, and want to get a second DVR for it, can I just hook the second line from the Dish to the line going off to that TV?

Thanks for your help, and taking the time to decipher my convoluted description.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)