Diplexor?

DRich2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 11, 2004
As a non-auido/videophile who has just ordered a two room voom install, how much should I really care about the diplexor?

I can't imagine paying to have new cables ran if they can use my existing cable tv coax, but I will if there is a convincing argument for it.

DRich2 said:
As a non-auido/videophile who has just ordered a two room voom install, how much should I really care about the diplexor?

I can't imagine paying to have new cables ran if they can use my existing cable tv coax, but I will if there is a convincing argument for it.

Ok. There have been a few people that have had problems with the Diplexer that VOOM provides. These people went to RS and bought another one and the replace the one VOOM provided and the problem was gone.

As much as I say get two lines (one for OTA and one for Satellite) if you do not want that, install with diplexer and if you experience problems, you will have to make more service calls and so on to tackle the problem.

actually they are much cheaper at home depot or lowes. my 4 diplexers and short booted cables are from a terk tv55 antenna (that semi cricle POS that is suppose to mount to a D* dish). the antenna is in the landfill right now but everything else works nicely! LMAO:D. so if your gonna pay 15-20 bucks for diplexers, that antenna and cabling isnt a bad deal, just throw the antenna in the trash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)