Direct at it again....arrrrggghhhhh!!!

I am a big BSG fan, and would love to be able to watch this week in HD, however, I am wanting TennisHD WAY more than I am wanting SciFiHD. I also watch Voom - alot. You think everyone likes what you like - some do, and many don't - same is true about me, and all of us...

Wow..I would have to be desperate to watch tennis HD and I like Tennis.. just donm't see the point of a channel that shows old tennis matchs...as for Voom. I was using it as an example..I liek MonstersHD..I see no point for equater or gallery...they offer no entertainment value...

BUT the point was.. Dish will add channels the majority of people do not want (Or have heard of), over national channels...and thats not the way to keep or generate new subs

As I keep saying stick around until May 1st, if you dont like what you see by then then move to DirecTV. I have also said that lots of national HD is coming in April so again... STAY TUNED. :)
As always Scott, thanks for the scent of things hopefully to come. And I honestly hope that you're right. That being said, I'm sure I'm not alone in being pessimistic that Dish Network will actually come through finally. I'll be staying, because I'm in a contract. Had I not been, I'm sad to say I would have left already. It seems that Dish Network couldn't care less anymore about adding the channels that their customers want.

If I'm counting right, DirecTV has nearly 35 well known channels in their HD package that we don't between the regular channels and the movie channels. Granted, many of these don't broadcast HD 24 hrs a day or anything near that, but there is some HD on these channels that I would love to see.

We have 13 Voom channels that have virtually all-HD programming, but it's not exactly the same as having the better known channels. Don't get me wrong, I do pay the extra $10 a month and do watch some of the Voom channels, but truth be known, I more pay the $10 so I can have the package that includes Universal HD so I can at least get some Sci-Fi channel programming in HD, even if it is a little old.

Supposedly this is all the name of trying to "save the customer money", so the question I have is, what is the price difference for Direct TV's version of the everything package? How much am I really saving a month or year for all the waiting I do when it comes to the channels I want?

I missed a whole college football season of Fox Sports Net-HD because they couldn't get their **** together. ESPN News announces that both Direct AND Dish will get ESPN News-HD starting today, and when the sun rises, it's only Direct that has it.

If Dish makes good on all those HD channels they MAY be offering SOON, it still won't be up to par with what Direct TV currently has.

If the difference in pricing is $5-10 more a month, I'd gladly pay that only if it means new channels come online the day they start broadcasting and I never have to wait. Direct TV seems to have a deal in place for most every new channel that comes online. A perfect example is the Big-10 network which we missed the first week of before Dish finally got it up the week AFTER the Michigan/Appalachian State game.

I've been a Dish customer since 1996... I'm finding it harder and harder to stay with them in the last few years.

As I keep saying stick around until May 1st, if you dont like what you see by then then move to DirecTV. I have also said that lots of national HD is coming in April so again... STAY TUNED. :)

May 1 is my deadline . . . no new decent NATIONAL HD content and I will switch to Direct. I am already aggrivated because I am on my 3rd 722 since December. Just had to have them replace our 2nd one last week as it just died, completely. I like the 722, but its getting a little old to deal with the hassle of replacing them.

I am locked into a contract, and I don't care. I will pay the cancellation fee. May 1 . . . I'm ready.

And by the way, whatever happend to all the hype about manage your DVR timers online? What about the crappy Dish Online service? I thought the 722 was going to be able to get HD Dish Online with a broadband connection. Where is that? Yuck. I've been a big Dish fan for along time. But lately, all I can say is yuck.

My contract is up and will consider directv if we don't get something soon, I love the HD channels but what I really would like to have is CSS so I could watch the 45 Braves games that is on Peachtree tv. Directv and Comcast has already added it for their customers..... I can't even get MLB.com because we are in the Braves territory.
Bumblebee8

And by the way, whatever happend to all the hype about manage your DVR timers online? What about the crappy Dish Online service? I thought the 722 was going to be able to get HD Dish Online with a broadband connection. Where is that? Yuck. I've been a big Dish fan for along time. But lately, all I can say is yuck.

You'll love Directs online scheduler. Their VOD is miles about Dish as well.

As always Scott, thanks for the scent of things hopefully to come. And I honestly hope that you're right. That being said, I'm sure I'm not alone in being pessimistic that Dish Network will actually come through finally. I'll be staying, because I'm in a contract. Had I not been, I'm sad to say I would have left already. It seems that Dish Network couldn't care less anymore about adding the channels that their customers want.

If I'm counting right, DirecTV has nearly 35 well known channels in their HD package that we don't between the regular channels and the movie channels. Granted, many of these don't broadcast HD 24 hrs a day or anything near that, but there is some HD on these channels that I would love to see.

We have 13 Voom channels that have virtually all-HD programming, but it's not exactly the same as having the better known channels. Don't get me wrong, I do pay the extra $10 a month and do watch some of the Voom channels, but truth be known, I more pay the $10 so I can have the package that includes Universal HD so I can at least get some Sci-Fi channel programming in HD, even if it is a little old.

Nothing against Scott, but I don't believe any of these. My theory is that it is going to cost Dish to add these channels and since they published that there will not be any price increase for this year they are holding on. Probably around Sept or October you will see one or two channels and then in 2009 there will be a big price increase and along with that you may see more HD channels.

Nothing against Scott, but I don't believe any of these. My theory is that it is going to cost Dish to add these channels and since they published that there will not be any price increase for this year they are holding on. Probably around Sept or October you will see one or two channels and then in 2009 there will be a big price increase and along with that you may see more HD channels.

Prolly why they are going to just add the upstart channels like smithsonian, mojo.. stuff no one would sub to, but dish can get cheap cause the channles want exposure...
All the get a better deal stuff is BS as well.... what it amounts to is negoatiate price so WE(The bigwigs) can keep our hefty multibillion dollar pay scale..

Well I will be staying tuned most likely through the summer for a few reasons.

1.) NHL CI covers the first two rounds of the playoffs. (That should be mid may)

2.) I got a dish club credit for the next four ( 4) months.

I figure by early June or no later than July, E* should have their act together as best as possible to be competitive; then I will really compare the services and entertain the offers from Direct, for the NFL Season Ticket Promotion. If I am gonna switch, I might as well get a free sports package while doing so, in addition to the other local and national HD channels.

I do not understand the impatience of DISH users. You just launched a satellite and report that it is going to work. It normally takes 60-90 days of testing and they are complaining that they do not have new channels a couple weeks after the launch?:rolleyes:

I do not understand the impatience of DISH users. You just launched a satellite and report that it is going to work. It normally takes 60-90 days of testing and they are complaining that they do not have new channels a couple weeks after the launch?:rolleyes:
That's an optimistic viewpoint. I'd say the odds are against AMC-14 ever achieving a stable geosynchronous orbit anywhere. There are alternatives and fallbacks, but they all have an adverse impact on Dish plans at some point.

Having said that, I'm not really complaining, and I'm not desperate for any of the current HD channels not offered by Dish yet. That could change at any time though, if something interesting to me comes along and Dish doesn't carry it.

Impatience???!!!??? I wouldn't call it impatience to want something that was once the calling card, supposedly, of DISH. Rmember "the leader in HD"?? Then they announce channels coming...so where are they? Throw us a bone!!! Dish's competition is adding HD channels left and right and Dish seems not to care!!!!!

Impatience, NO..........wanting what your promised..YES!

Well I will be staying tuned most likely through the summer for a few reasons.

1.) NHL CI covers the first two rounds of the playoffs. (That should be mid may)

2.) I got a dish club credit for the next four ( 4) months.

I figure by early June or no later than July, E* should have their act together as best as possible to be competitive; then I will really compare the services and entertain the offers from Direct, for the NFL Season Ticket Promotion. If I am gonna switch, I might as well get a free sports package while doing so, in addition to the other local and national HD channels.

Going to do the same thing as you because I have NHL CI also. Will wait it out for now and see where E* is around June 1 or so with new national HD......

By June 1...SOON will not be an acceptable answer anymore. ;)

I too have been loyal to E* for many years, but when I see NOTHING added except a SECOND jewlery shopping channel (not even a new one, a second channel showing the exact same thing!), I can't help but get fed up. Scott has quickly become the boy who cries wolf and the only thing credible around here is the uplink report. I showed the brochure that came in my E* bill stating 100 National HD channels by the end of 2008 that convinced me to upgrade and not go over to D* last November to our office's legal council and he basically told me that if there are not at least 100 NATIONAL HD channels when the calendar flips to 2009, I am legally entitled to every cent I have paid them for HD back for failure to deliver on a contract. If they are going to hold me to it, by God I'm holding them to it too!

That's true about the new satellite, but the simple truth is that they ALREADY have the bandwidth to add some channels, and yet they continue to do NOTHING regarding national HD channels!!! From other threads, we know that at the very least, Sci-Fi HD and USA HD, and four or five others, have been uplinked for some time. Heck, USA/Sci-Fi have been uplinked since November of 2007 (is that right?). And we still don't have those channels to watch.

I'm beginning to believe that Charlie enjoys a total inability to negotiate a contract without causing a holdup and he enjoys being sued by every company he does business with. Dish is really starting to piss me off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts