Direct Email Contacts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Does D* have email addresses for direct contact to various depts like Dish does?

I would like to contact somebody there concerning their lack of TVJapan channel. All of the major cable and IPTV companies carry it, as does Dish.

I contacted TVJapan directly, and they informed me they are not exclusive to Dish and could be carried by D*, if D* requested it.

The lack of TVJapan is the only thing keeping me from subbing to DirecTV, as I'm sure it is for many other potential subs. They are walking right past money on the ground when all they have to do is kneel down and pick it up.

There probably aren't many Japanese or Japanese-Americans in "Buckeye Country". But, in and around places like NYC, SF Bay, L.A., and Hawaii, and to a lesser extent the hi-tech industry areas like Austin, Boston, and Raleigh, there should be a decent demand.

Plus, if providers like Comcast, TW, Cablevision, U-verse, FIOS, and Dish feel it is in their interest to provide TVJapan, there must be some demand for it.

So, I would like to be able to contact somebody related to carriage decisions at D*, and find out why they are the only major provider who doesn't carry this channel.

Wish I could email someone at Direct about the judder on Tennis Channel hd. You would think they would monitor channels and try to fix the issue. As been going on for 5 or 6 weeks.

I"m not aware of channel issue reporting.

For both cases the only email is using the contact us form on directv.com.

Niether would be the type of thing to email their presidential team over.

True, not sure it would do much for a channel specific issue though. That is for reporting software issues on CE testing to give them details on what you post.

Does D* have email addresses for direct contact to various depts like Dish does?

I would like to contact somebody there concerning their lack of TVJapan channel. All of the major cable and IPTV companies carry it, as does Dish.

I contacted TVJapan directly, and they informed me they are not exclusive to Dish and could be carried by D*, if D* requested it.

The lack of TVJapan is the only thing keeping me from subbing to DirecTV, as I'm sure it is for many other potential subs. They are walking right past money on the ground when all they have to do is kneel down and pick it up.

When My wife was still alive we used to get TV Japan with Dish and the cost was only $30 per month. A small price to keep her happy while I still had my Directv with Sunday Ticket. I don't think there is any way Directv would carry it. Dish has a nice little niche going with lots of foreign programming.

Actually, every major provider other than DirecTV carries it. And, DirecTV carries other international channels, like Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc. So, I see no reason why D* can't carry TVJapan, other than by choice.

Also, I had TVJ for years with Dish, and it was always $25/mo. Or, do they charge an extra $5 because you only had the one channel? In any case, I'm not going to have two sets of antennas and receivers for one channel.

But, if D* added TVJ, I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

Actually, every major provider other than DirecTV carries it. And, DirecTV carries other international channels, like Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc. So, I see no reason why D* can't carry TVJapan, other than by choice.

Actually, it is not EVERY major provider other than DirecTV. Looking at their coverage map, only select cable companies in select areas carry it. A quick glance at the map shows about 20 states that don't have it via their cable provider.

TV JAPAN: 24/7 Japanese Broadcasting Channel

Actually, it IS carried by every major provider. Comcast, TW, Cablevision, Cox, U-verse, FIOS, and Dish.

I did not say they carried it in all the areas they served. Only that they carried it.

It would be pretty stupid for Billy Bob's Cable and Bait of Fartridge Kentucky to carry a channel with no possible viewership in their area.

But, for a satellite provider with a presence in NY, NJ, CT, CA, WA, HI, MA, etc, it is foolish to leave money lying on the ground without making the simple effort to bend over and pick it up. It's just bad business.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)