Direct questions for those that have it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colt45allstar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Hoping somebody can help me here.

First the less important one... my locals are currently available via Dish Network, but not via Direct TV.

I know that Dish is currently in the process of expanding their locals selections in a big way (my locals are supposed to be in HD this Summer)

Is Direct also currently expanding locals? It would be nice assuming I do make the switch, to have my locals at some point.. even standard definiton ones... though it's by no means a deal breaker either way... as I don't watch them too much.

More importantly and I just want to know if I understand this right.

If you purchase regional sports networks with Direct TV, do you get nearly all the programming? That's what I've heard and I'm asking mostly because I'm an Oakland A's fan stuck in Joplin Missouri of all places and it would be nice to be able to watch A's games, without getting extra innings.. since that would really be the only reason for getting it.

Dish's "multi sports package" that has their regional sports channels is god awful. It's only five dollars more a month, but all I've seen that you can watch is pre game shows on the various stations and that's really about it..

Certainly not even worth five bucks.

Thanks guys for the help, as despite the fact that Direct's website tells me it would cost me a pretty penny in a deposit (due to bad credit mistakes in my youth that I'm still paying for) and even more on top of that to get out of my Dish contract... I'm seriously considering making the switch anyway.

Actually I've already been somewhat long winded.... but two more quick questions for those that have had both.

Is Direct's picture really noticably better? I've heard that it is and how do The DVR's compare? I've heard Dish's DVR's are better, any truth to this?

Thanks again

The answer about the regionals is this. You still need to subscribe to the MLB Extra Innings package to the the games. All professional sports is blacked on the the out of town regionals to insure you subscribe to the specific sports package. Same goes for NBA and NHL.

Locals, no specific market info yet, but they plan to launch "a ton" of new markets this fall, both SD and HD on ttheir new satellite that should go live any day now.

A's will require MLB package.

Dish DVR is better (I had 3 622s), but the HR21 grows on you, its not terrible, just not as many features.

Directv's VOD service blows dish out of the water, it is very well done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)