Direct Tune Feature

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gondwana321

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
This is great. Have u guys tried the direct tune feature on your DVR.

This is great. Have u guys tried the direct tune feature on your DVR.

It is nice. I have been asking for this since I switched from my Sony HD200 to the HR20-700. I only wish they would expand the number of channels available to 16 or even 25.

It is cool. As an additional feature, it would be neat if when you stopped on a channel a balloon popped up with the name of what is currently being shown on that channel..

The channel banner only does that for the currently tuned channel.
What is being requested is that the current show be displayed for the highlighted channel within QuickTune.

The channel banner only does that for the currently tuned channel.
What is being requested is that the current show be displayed for the highlighted channel within QuickTune.

You got it bud. That would a nice enhancement. Other than that though, it's cool. I keep forgetting to use it though. I always tune to a channel then use the blue "mini guide" to scroll until I find something on.

For anyone reading thinking "what is quicktune", press the UP arrow on your HR2x if you have received the latest download and you'll find out.

It's a handy customizable 9 channel "quicktune".

One of my receivers has it (HR20-100) while the other hasn't gotten it yet (HR20-700). Is there a way to force the update?

I felt a little weird when I started using this, because it made me realize how FEW D* channels I watch on a normal basis. I couldn't even come up with 9 channels that I watch normally.

My second DVR got the update last nite. I stuck in channels that for some reason I can't remember channel numbers.....ESPNHD, CNNHD, MGM, Center Ice (beginning channel)....I'll probably add the Science and Discovery Channels. Channels I do remember that I just punch in......Fox (360...easy to remember), HBO (501), NHL Channel (215), Fox Sports Detroit (663), the locals. Yeah I too channel surf alot.

I always wanted a la carte until very recently; lately I've realized that I have a tendency to isolate myself to certain programming. Sometimes it's nice to try a different channel. Every now and then I surprise myself with something that I enjoy that I never thought possible.

A few years ago I thought I was done with network television. Now, approximately half of my DVR events are on network TV. If it weren't for Fox News, FX, Discovery and Disney (for my son) I'm not so sure I wouldn't just put some money in a good quality OTA antenna and a high quality DVR.

Neat feature; I'll try it out as soon as my system is installed.

Last edited:
I felt a little weird when I started using this, because it made me realize how FEW D* channels I watch on a normal basis. I couldn't even come up with 9 channels that I watch normally.

I too had a hard time adding 9. To bad there is no al-a-carte option with DirecTV. :D

9 is real easy for me, I have 4 just in my local networks, then theres Espn, ESPN2, Spike, USA, Sci fi, there's 9 off the top of my head and thats not counting SCI Channel, any Discovery, HD Net, TVLand ect.

Jimbo

My top 9 include FOX, NBC, USA HD, Sci-FI HD, TNT HD, TBS HD, FX HD, ABC Family HD, and CNBC HD. Sure there are others that I watch but, not a lot.

Maybe add a row or two to add some more open slots? I think though, this will make the customer realize just how few channels they actually watch and may cause some unwanted calls to the call center from some. LOL

I always wanted a la carte until very recently; lately I've realized that I have a tendency to isolate myself to certain programming. Sometimes it's nice to try a different channel. Every now and then I surprise myself with something that I enjoy that I never thought possible.

A few years ago I thought I was done with network television. Now, approximately half of my DVR events are on network TV. If it weren't for Fox News, FX, Discovery and Disney (for my son) I'm not so sure I wouldn't just put some money in a good quality OTA antenna and a high quality DVR.

Neat feature; I'll try it out as soon as my system is installed.

I do the EXACT same thing! Right now I'm catching up on Smallville eps that I missed on HDNET

me too but i combined what the wife and I watch most. i truly love this feature! mine are TBS,Comedy Central,Espnews,TNT,HGTV,Travel,Cartoon Network,HD Theater,Food Network
Guess which ones are mine :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts