Direct TV as a wedding gift?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oncewaslost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Ever heard of such a thing? I wonder what kind of deal I could get if I was willing to pay up front for two years of service for the newlyweds? Maybe it would create a huge hassle if they wanted to make changes to their service?

They may not allow it. I wouldn't do it that way unless there would be a savings.

I thought that they would no longer let you do annual subscriptions? I guess you could have the bill sent you you every month and pay it that way.

Jimbo said:
Yes they will, I do it every year.

Thanks for clearing that up Jimbo! Now since we got it figured out, any way I could send my account number your way and forget about it for a year!?!? :)

Do you get a discount for paying your bill for the whole year up front?

They won't give you a set rate discount, but they usually do discount it some or cover part of like the ST and maybe part of premium channels, kinda depends on who I get.

I will be calling in probably in March once I get my Tax return back.

I have been told to contact Retention, even though I have no desire to cancel.

I tell them I like the service and would like to keep what I currently have and get the ST as well... (btw, it's TC+ 1 Premium channel, thats all.) I could be talked into MLB EI one of these years though.

I have no intention of canceling and they are generally pretty reasonable about it ...

I think it usually ends up being a couple $ 100 off if I had to guess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.