Direct TV cancellation options

Status
Please reply by conversation.

baseball luver

Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
Hello folks. Thanks for what you provide. Recently ordered DTV to be our service provider. Had asked for a confirmation on channels in the package that I asked for, first and second year pricing, and a user agreement that I could review before install took place. Took five or six attempts (three weeks) before they could get email address correct to send items. Looking at the User agreement seems like they can charge your credit card for any charges once you give it to them. Can I cancel before install and not be charged any ETF or other fees. Have asked several sales reps and get different answers. They will not transfer me to any other departments until after install takes place to get that question answered.
Thanks.

Yes, you can cancel prior to installation and not incur any charges. I can tell you that I've never had any issues with my credit card being on file or with auto pay.
Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

never had an issue with cc charges either, and im on autopay
i am sure the agreement is just the same as any other provider

all the info your looking for is on the website, monthly price goes out for over 2 years
all channels shown and the packages they are in
and iirc, the user agreement is on there also

but yes, you can cancel before the install with no charges

Thanks for the replies. Just have a couple of friends that have had billing issues and I don't want to get involved with unauthorized charges. Even registered my account on line and it would not give me the package that I am supposed to be signed up for. I will look on the website again tonight to see if I missed something. Thanks.

You can always remove the card from the account and turn off auto bill pay.

That said, if you bail on the contract and never pay the bill, I'm sure they have verbiage that they can attempt to collect the debt (overdue, cancellation, equipment, etc) from any means necessary.

Thanks for the replies. Just have a couple of friends that have had billing issues and I don't want to get involved with unauthorized charges.
If you want to qualify for new subscriber offers, you have to give them a valid card number. If you don't want to do that, you have two options:

1. Give DIRECTV a one-time credit card number (most cards offer them)
2. Try another provider that offers prepaid or pay-as-you-go options.

You may be able to pay the lease entry fees for each box ($299 for Genie, $99 for any GenieMinis), the professional installation costs and forfeit all promotional offers but that would be very, very expensive.

:welcome to Satelliteguys baseball luver!
Thanks for the welcome. At age 8 dad had me driving the Lark and a Vauxhall. Great rides back then.
Thanks for the other replies guys. Will check out some of the other options tomorrow. Been cable for a long time but last few years service was a little disappointing. Hope Sat tv will be better.

Reactions: raoul5788
Thanks for the replies. Just have a couple of friends that have had billing issues and I don't want to get involved with unauthorized charges. Even registered my account on line and it would not give me the package that I am supposed to be signed up for. I will look on the website again tonight to see if I missed something. Thanks.
If your account is not installed and active you can't do anything online.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)