direct tv hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

richram

Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
I have a slimeline Dish hd directv power inverter rc6 coalxal cable hdmi cable and i still cant get a picture what im doing is taking my box to watch games at my freinds house witch he has no cable but a big play room when I hookup a sd box regular box I get a picture and everthing works but when I try hd nothing any help would be greatful

Strictly a guess, but I'm thinking either no slimline dish or no bbcs.

Strictly a guess, but I'm thinking either no slimline dish or no bbcs.

Thats what I'm thinking, friend has the wrong dish ...

OP, do you know what dish your friend has and do you have BBC's for the recvr, don't forget you'll have to go into the menu and repeat the Sat Set Up and change it to the correct dish type and bbc's if needed.

You really didn't give us much info, yes you tried, but we need models for the recvr that your taking over there and the dish type he has as well to give you an educated answer.
Also, what dish do you have, looks like it's a SWM set up, but is it a 3 or 5 lnb set up.

Slim Lins

Thats what I'm thinking, friend has the wrong dish ...

OP, do you know what dish your friend has and do you have BBC's for the recvr, don't forget you'll have to go into the menu and repeat the Sat Set Up and change it to the correct dish type and bbc's if needed.

You really didn't give us much info, yes you tried, but we need models for the recvr that your taking over there and the dish type he has as well to give you an educated answer.
Also, what dish do you have, looks like it's a SWM set up, but is it a 3 or 5 lnb set up.

Direct plus hd dvr. The Dish is a slime Line with the three eye and whats a BBC? Also the box works at my house, is there a part number on the eye s I will know what to set it to and sorry for the bad puncutation if you can read my bad puncutation you dont have to answer thank you for all other answers. Just looking for help

Direct plus hd dvr. The Dish is a slime Line with the three eye and whats a BBC? Also the box works at my house, is there a part number on the eye s I will know what to set it to and sorry for the bad puncutation if you can read my bad puncutation you dont have to answer thank you for all other answers. Just looking for help

Actually, to find your DISH type, you don't even need to go outside.
Go to your recvr, hit the Menu button-Set Up-System Set up-Info- More System Info-
The Dish type should be listed on the screen a short way down the list.
For Example, mine says

Dish Type ..... Slimline-3s (SWM)

BBC's are a device that is added to the back of your recvr that allows the HD signal to come thru. (Non scientific explanation)

BBCs are not required for SWM installations. And also not needed with the HR23 receiver.

I suspect that the friend has a different dish and thus a need to re-run sat setup to select the correct dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts