Direct TV in my RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

klutchdust

Original poster
Aug 17, 2014
Recently purchased a motorhome that came with a winegard satellite dish. The LNB was missing so I used
one from neighbor who used to install direct TV. He gave me a DTV 32+. Took the box from the spare bedroom H-24-700 and plugged it in. Found out where the satellite is 47 degrees and 138 azimuth. I cannot get a signal. I am not sure of the compatibility of my components. I am not sure of the setting I need concerning what dish I am using. I added an extension to the cable from the roof cable to the dish, about 3 ft. a continuity check shows good. I am using a HDMI cable from the box to the tv.
I am using a digital readout sensor that came with the winegard to determine height, the azimuth I am turning the dish from the inside observing the dial and numbers. Going by my home dish was a starting point.

:welcome to Satelliteguys klutchdust!

Try moving slightly to the west. Your azimuth for the 101 satellite should be 139.2°. Do you know you will only get sd from that sat? Are you able to bring up the menus on the H24? Does the signal strength menu show any signal at all?

:welcome to Satelliteguys klutchdust!

Try moving slightly to the west. Your azimuth for the 101 satellite should be 139.2°. Do you know you will only get sd from that sat? Are you able to bring up the menus on the H24? Does the signal strength menu show any signal at all?

I haven't been able to find any color bars or anything to show signal strength yet, the only thing is the zeros on the five different lines. what does the sd on the sat mean? I am going back into the coach and try again. I just picked up the LNB from Cworld that is supposed to be for that particular weingard dish. I am going to see if that has any effect.

To get to the signal strength menu do this: On the H24 remote hit menu, settings & help, settings, satellite & antenna, view signal strength. That will take you to the 101 satellite signal strength screen.

Make sure you go to menu -> settings -> settings -> repeat sat setup, and change your dish type from "Slimline 5s (SWM)" or whatever it is set at to "1: Round"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)