Direct TV install - only 1 wire to dual tuner

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That would be the single-wire-multiswitch. Works great and is in testing in a few markets.

To make sure it works correctly, try recording two channels at one before he leaves and ensure they both play back properly.

Also, with the SWM there is no BBC connected to the back of the receivers.
..Wait.. does this mean we'll have to buy all new DVRs?

Direcpath just installed an SWM in my apartment building. I must say, the MPEG4 HD channels look amazing! Much better than the new compression Comcast has been doing... And I got rid of the destacker with super annoying high pitched whine to boot! The technician even found a remote code for my Viewsonic TV which I had been unable to do before... The only wierd thing about the SWM that I can tell is that there are only 8 outputs for my entire 9-unit building, and I'm using 3 of them, so I imagine anyone else wanting to get in on this is going to be disappointed :)

I can't wait for the LNB with built in SWM to come out. I want one so I can clean up all the cables going into my house.

If E* has only one wire system why not get it?

Is D* so much better?

I am in the same situation

The newest load of D* Equipment I received is in the new brown box, except for regular DVR
Mine came in a brown box, and I was suspicious and asked the installer if it was a refurb, but he assured me that all the new ones came in boxes like that. But yeah my DVR and H20 came in the D* white and blue boxes. I got the HR20 like 2 months ago, and have loved it ever since. Wish I could do dual recording/switching channels but I only had 1 cable available. On a side note though, if you have an OTA hookup, you can record off the D* feed and switch to an OTA channel, and vice-versa.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts