Direct TV Installer was horrible

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually, around here anyways, it's NOT always a charge for the pole mount, if there are no other GOOD options, they will do it for free.
In my area, I prefer a pole mount. When the weather gets bad (snow), you'll be happy to go out and dust off the dish instead of climbing on the roof.

Not much snow in Florida.

Ya, Ya ....

Hows your signal during the hurricanes ? :D

What the hell ever happened to customer satisfaction?

I've hung 150lb flat panel tv's on cantilever mounts anchored into cinder block and done pull ups from it to show the customer the stability. I know what I'm doing, and I've never had a problem. I don't care what DirecTV or the trainers say, if done properly, a mount to a block wall can be incredibly stable. When I did fulfillment, I tried to accomodate the customer. it's their home. As long as I can feasibly accomplish what they want, I'll do it. Unfortunately, strict QC requirements have limited the scope of installs and killed customer satisfaction. It's pitiful.

I'm sorry you couldn't get the dish mounted where you wanted it, but the tech knows that if he does what you want, he may not get paid. I understand why you're upset, but it's not his fault. In today's suit-happy world, customer satisfaction has made way for legal protection.

I've hung 150lb flat panel tv's on cantilever mounts anchored into cinder block and done pull ups from it to show the customer the stability. I know what I'm doing, and I've never had a problem. I don't care what DirecTV or the trainers say, if done properly, a mount to a block wall can be incredibly stable. When I did fulfillment, I tried to accomodate the customer. it's their home. As long as I can feasibly accomplish what they want, I'll do it. Unfortunately, strict QC requirements have limited the scope of installs and killed customer satisfaction. It's pitiful.

I'm sorry you couldn't get the dish mounted where you wanted it, but the tech knows that if he does what you want, he may not get paid. I understand why you're upset, but it's not his fault. In today's suit-happy world, customer satisfaction has made way for legal protection.

Apples and Oranges...

I understand what you're saying but, That TV is not going to have a wind load from multiple directions working on it on a daily basis.

The TV is going to be pretty static in it's position.

Some of us out here are not always looking at just the potential lawsuit implications when evaluating a job/installation.

I'm in commercial roofing, if I get a re-roofing specification from an architect, or a building owner that has a poor or just plain goofy spec, It's not automatically installed.

There is such a thing as good roofing/installation practice. I think this falls into this category. Just because it CAN be done, does not always mean that's the way it SHOULD be done.

Last edited:
Apples and Oranges...

I understand what you're saying but, That TV is not going to have a wind load from multiple directions working on it on a daily basis.

The TV is going to be pretty static in it's position.

True, but no amount of wind load short of a natural disaster can put more stress on a Ka/Ku dish in 5 years than my fat ass can put on a cantilever flat panel mount in 5 seconds.

Agrees with prowire, if done properly it will hold. Trouble is these days installers are just hunting a quick buck, don't wanna do any "labor".

You flat panel TV is mounted to the indoor and not out door, and the TV will not move after its up there. But the KA dish is as heavy as the old old metal one meter KU dish, and this dish do not come with the dish supporting bars, so if there wind, rain, snow will definitely add extra strenght to pulling the dish or move the dish, this make the dish installation unstable. I had see dish 1000 fell from roof or installed at the side of the house which not use the dish supporting arms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)