Direct TV New Install on Tuesday

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

surfmutt56

Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Huntington Beach, CA
Good Morning,
i am having Dir TV installed next week. I have one run of coaxial at the two present tv's. I have heard they need two install two wires at the HD DVR box, is that correct? Do you think they would use the existing as a pullwire to get the two in? The second TV will just have a receiver. Thank you. My next door neighbor has had it for years and says:"It's great!":eek:

Surfdawg

Good Morning,
i am having Dir TV installed next week. I have one run of coaxial at the two present tv's. I have heard they need two install two wires at the HD DVR box, is that correct? Do you think they would use the existing as a pullwire to get the two in? The second TV will just have a receiver. Thank you. My next door neighbor has had it for years and says:"It's great!":eek:

Surfdawg

That depends. If they use a dish with a SWM (single wire multiswitch) setup, then it only needs one wire for each receiver, including DVRs.

When the installer comes what receiver should I ask for? What model is the best? I heard of Hughes HR10-250 HDTV. Anything good with this unit?

Generally you don't chose the recvr, you get what they give you.
You chose Standard Def recvr, SD DVR recvr, High Def. recvr or HD DVR recvr. and they send what they have.

You don't want the one you mentioned, it's VERY old and pretty much past it's life expectancy as far as usefulness.

If your going HD, you can hope for a H/HR24, but there's no guarantee ....
H/HR20's are the next then there's the H21-23's also. If your going High Def.

HR10s won't fully work with D*'s lineup and are not being manufactured through D* anymore. The tech will have anything from an HR20 on up. Many here feel the HR24 is the one to ask for but they are in short demand right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)