Direct TV On Demand

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok looking at some of the movies on Direct site at the On Demand I see they have Green Zone and Book of Eli for free right now. 1st can I record both of them at once or just one at a time?? Also once I hit record I send them to my HD DVR how much time do I have to watch them? I guess once I watch them I can just delete them off my DVR correct??

it will download one at a time. There is a queue but you can sort them if you have multiple items in queue

it will download as fast as the internet connection allows.

So once you download them to the DVR how long will they let you keep it on there??

it depends. They all have a date on them

I've downloaded stuff that says "good until 6/30" and some good until 7/15 as example. When you select the item to show the info it will tell you how long its available for download.

Can you tell me where to find the FREE downloads of these two movies? When I select them they have the $ so I just want to make sure. Thanks

What about the Apps is better to do those there on the remote or add them through their website??

Green Zone so I guess you have until November to watch it if I'm understand this correctly.

Price: FreeChannel: 1100DTVAS

Start Time: Monday, June 21 7:00 PM CDT

End Time: Tuesday, November 30 6:00 PM CST

The Book of Eli

FreeChannel:1100CINEMA

Start Time:Monday, June 14 7:00 PM CDT

End Time:Friday, November 12 6:00 PM CSTDuration:118 minutes

Ahh so I had to do it from the online tool. I found the FREEBIES!!! Too bad those two were only SD, but I did get 2012 HD, The Men Who Stare at Goats HD, and Catwoman 1080p..... Thanks!

Heck I might cancel my Blockbuster and just use On Demand. But I read if you choose to record it you only have 24hrs to watch it..

When I download using the free section on the website, it still has the $ beside the movie name on my DVR list. Is this just an error on DTV's part or will I be billed for these?

oh ok

I'm working off a 1.5MV download speed so I just went by what the little promo thingy they have says (where they say it depends on internet connection as to how fast it downloads)

When I download using the free section on the website, it still has the $ beside the movie name on my DVR list. Is this just an error on DTV's part or will I be billed for these?

You will be billed if you authorize the charge and watch the movie. If you just delete it there will not be a charge. It's just a mistake on their part, it happens to me from time to time.

Heck I might cancel my Blockbuster and just use On Demand. But I read if you choose to record it you only have 24hrs to watch it..

that must be movies. I have shows downloaded from VOD that have been sitting on the hard drive for a week or so

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts