Direct Tv Plus HDDVR to DVD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aldive

Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Hi, new here, my first post...

How do I record on a DVD recorder from my Direct TV Plus HDDVR? Hook up details and procedure requested.

Thanks in advance.

:welcome

You will need to connect your DVD Recorder to the Output of the HR20/21. FYI This will not be in HD, the highest resolution you will be able to receive is 480i (DVD Quality).

Procedure:
Choose connection type in order of least to highest quality: RF (Cable connection), Composite (Yellow, Red, White), S-Video (S-Video, Red, White), Component, (Red, Green, Blue, Red, White)

Connect the units following the DVD Recorder Manual's setup, Remember, AV Out connects to the DVR, AV In connects to the DVD Recorder.

Set up your HR20/21 to allow 480i output (if not already set) - The steps to do this differ depending on your box's software revision. Typically something like: Menu, Setup, Display

You will then be able to view the HR20/21's feed via the DVD Recorder after you select the appropriate input from the DVD Recorder and your TV.

Play your recording from the DVR and press record on the DVD Recorder (assuming there is a blank disc in it already ;) ) Simply stop the DVD Recorder after the show is complete. Remember this method is real time.

:welcome

You will need to connect your DVD Recorder to the Output of the HR20/21. FYI This will not be in HD, the highest resolution you will be able to receive is 480i (DVD Quality).

Procedure:
Choose connection type in order of least to highest quality: RF (Cable connection), Composite (Yellow, Red, White), S-Video (S-Video, Red, White), Component, (Red, Green, Blue, Red, White)

Connect the units following the DVD Recorder Manual's setup, Remember, AV Out connects to the DVR, AV In connects to the DVD Recorder.

Set up your HR20/21 to allow 480i output (if not already set) - The steps to do this differ depending on your box's software revision. Typically something like: Menu, Setup, Display

You will then be able to view the HR20/21's feed via the DVD Recorder after you select the appropriate input from the DVD Recorder and your TV.

Play your recording from the DVR and press record on the DVD Recorder (assuming there is a blank disc in it already ;) ) Simply stop the DVD Recorder after the show is complete. Remember this method is real time.

GREAT instructions Bat.. i've done this many times and it's pretty easy and offers reasonable results.:cool:

Thanks so much for the info. Another question: do I have to disconnect the output from the DVR to the TV and hook that to the DVD rec orderer?

Excuse my questions, I am new to this.

I truly appreciate your guidance.

Just a reminder. If you have the on-screen caller ID set up through the DVR, be sure and disable it during the recording. Otherwise, if you receive a call during playback, that information will appear on the screen and be recorded onto the DVD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rejoining Directv

telephone pole

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts