Please reply by conversation.

botman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
Does Direct tv offer a dual reciever like the Dish Network 322
I ASK BECAUSE I NEED SERVICE FOR 4 TV'S

This is a very important Question because from what I read Direct tv
charges an additional fee ON TOP OF YOUR PACKAGE for every reciever you have plus you need a phone line for every reciever as well, or Direct TV will charge another 20.00 in fees on top of that, for not having the phone lines.

Contract ending shortly need info to base deciesion ASAP

Can somone lay out just the reciver fees acciated with a Direct TV account
and the fees for not having phone for a reciever

PLEASE JUST BASIC (NOT HD) DIRECT TV RECIVER FEES
NOT ANY PACKAGE so I can compare the fee base cost properly

Thanks

This is a very important Question because from what I read Direct tv
charges an additional fee ON TOP OF YOUR PACKAGE for every reciever you have plus you need a phone line for every reciever as well, or Direct TV will charge another 20.00 in fees on top of that, for not having the phone lines.

Contract ending shortly need info to base deciesion ASAP

Can somone lay out just the reciver fees acciated with a Direct TV account
and the fees for not having phone for a reciever

PLEASE JUST BASIC (NOT HD) DIRECT TV RECIVER FEES
NOT ANY PACKAGE so I can compare the fee base cost properly

Thanks

You do have to pay $4.99/month for each additional receiver, but there is no fee for not connecting a phone line. The only dual tuner receivers are dvrs.

No and I am glad they don't. A friend of mine has a 322. I have seen the video on the second TV, fed from the coaxial cables, and it is really bad. Very pixelized, especially on a black or dark colored screen. Not sure if all 322s are all that bad, but his sure is. Looks OK on the primary set, just the coaxial connection to the second TV, that has big time pixelation.

You do have to pay $4.99/month for each additional receiver, but there is no fee for not connecting a phone line. The only dual tuner receivers are dvrs.

Right now 1 pay for one addional reciever with Dish Network

If I sign up for Direct TV I guess that would be for (3) recievers
about $10 extra per month, (and 120.00 per year), on reciever fees

"Thats odd the Direct TV website says there is also a additiona fee for not connecting a reciever to a phone line."

Also can the D dish mount on the E mast?

No and I am glad they don't. A friend of mine has a 322. I have seen the video on the second TV, fed from the coaxial cables, and it is really bad. Very pixelized, especially on a black or dark colored screen. Not sure if all 322s are all that bad, but his sure is. Looks OK on the primary set, just the coaxial connection to the second TV, that has big time pixelation.

Not a Dish Network fan by any means

But to be fair

the 322 gives the same clear picture for both TV'S it serves you wouldn't even know the recievers are in another location.
it is the proper installalation of this dish related stuff you got to double check on.

Your friend probaly has bad cable end if not take a look at whats plugged into the same outlet as his tv maybe a computer/couldless phone or somthing that can cause waves or interference in a picture etc of which both of these have nothing to do with the 322 reciever itself

PS for all you people out there with Hi tech reception equipment, you should think about having sheilded grounds in those boxes for your equipment outlets instead of basic house wire romex, It will make a big difference

"Thats odd the Direct TV website says there is also a additiona fee for not connecting a reciever to a phone line."

[/B][/QUOTE]

If the mast is the same size, and most are, you can use the same mast.

Where on the Directv website does it say you have to pay extra if you don't have a phone line connected?

[/b]

Where on the Directv website does it say you have to pay extra if you don't have a phone line connected?[/quote]

--------------

Below you'll find two Excerpt form a DirectTV aggrement
a PHONE CONNECTION is required for every Direct TV Reciever you have

DIRECTV Receivers ($4.99 per month per additional receiver as long as all receivers are connected to the same phone line). After you have fulfilled your twelve (12) month agreement (24 months for advanced receivers) to the required programming package(s), you are not obligated to continue your subscription to DIRECTV programming for any specific duration. Existing DIRECTV customers may activate additional receivers with their existing DIRECTV programming package.
--------------

Also, you understand that each DIRECTV Receiver must be connected to a landline phone connection. These receivers must be connected to a phone line; however, they will not interfere with your telephone connection and will allow you to operate your telephone normally.

Notice in the first except above the words "as long as"
if not there will be more fees, how much more fees is my question

ive had a reciever not connected to a phone for 3 years now and i havent recieved any additional fees besides the 4.99 mirror fee per month

Thats (4.99) per reciever or room right?

look what Direct Tv puts in writing is what their policy is
If not why include it in the aggrement (for it is a big fee negative)

I don't know anything about your personal experiance I only know what the Direct TV legal agreement reads and thats what really counts

Plus who knows, maybe one day they will in fact demand that their records show you never paid fees owed them (most likely should you ever cancell service one day and they will be 100% legally right to do so

So I would not be bragging about that online if I were you

Where on the Directv website does it say you have to pay extra if you don't have a phone line connected?

--------------

Below you'll find two Excerpt form a DirectTV aggrement
a PHONE CONNECTION is required for every Direct TV Reciever you have

DIRECTV Receivers ($4.99 per month per additional receiver as long as all receivers are connected to the same phone line). After you have fulfilled your twelve (12) month agreement (24 months for advanced receivers) to the required programming package(s), you are not obligated to continue your subscription to DIRECTV programming for any specific duration. Existing DIRECTV customers may activate additional receivers with their existing DIRECTV programming package.
--------------

Also, you understand that each DIRECTV Receiver must be connected to a landline phone connection. These receivers must be connected to a phone line; however, they will not interfere with your telephone connection and will allow you to operate your telephone normally.

Notice in the first except above the words "as long as"
if not there will be more fees, how much more fees is my question
[/QUOTE]

I think it refers to having all receivers on the same account connected to the same line to make sure they are in the same house. I don't know of anyone who doesn't have a phone line connected that has been charged extra because of it. I think you are being a bit paranoid about it.

DTV canceletion time

Do any one knows how many days do costumers have to canceled DTV service without early termination fees

IMPOTANT Anyone reading this

Please do not take the word of any poster over a Direct TV legal aggrement
beacuse you will be responsible for any fee payments not them

Your receiver must always be directly connected to a land-based telephone line
Thats what The "Direct TV legal Agreement STATES" and that is what counts and is
100% LEGALLY BUINDING PERIOD. words mean nadda but spin

Heres more from the Direct TV websites legal SECTION It SAYS
---------------------------------------------------------
If it is not so connected, or if it is connected to a line other than the one
you tell us, or if the line is not performing according to our requirements,
we may deactivate the applicable Service. If we do, you will still be responsible
for all Services purchased through the date of deactivation. Your receivers must
also be connected to the same land-based telephone line in order to be eligible to
pay the additional TV fee (see 1(f)) rather than purchase a separate subscription
for each additional TV.
---------------------------------------------------------

Notice how the wording gets confuseing over what happends if its not?

1 You may be disconnected and still have to pay (Unlikly)

2 You will be charged a hefty difference "per violating reciever" = a lot more money in the form of an addional Tv subscribtion fee (Most Likely
which is more then I even thought at first.

3 OR BOTH

CHECK IT OUT
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=P400042

That is the Facts, if you push Direct TV or SpinMeister for them
they may choose to wave or ignore your Direct Tv violations but

Direct Tv has the legal option of collecting from you should they
deem it one day. SO I WOULD'NT BRAG ABOUT IT!

Your receiver must always be directly connected to a land-based telephone line
Thats what The "Direct TV legal Agreement STATES" and that is what counts and is
100% LEGALLY BUINDING PERIOD. words mean nadda but spin

Then I guess D* is in violation of their own agreement when they install in a persons home that has no land based phone and only uses cell phones. I haven't seen to any people get turned down because they use cell phones instead of land based phones.

Then I guess D* is in violation of their own agreement when they install in a persons home that has no land based phone and only uses cell phones. I haven't seen to any people get turned down because they use cell phones instead of land based phones.

at least I see, you do not dispute the REALITY of the Direct TV agreement

You wrote
I haven't seen to any people get turned down because they use cell phones instead of land based phones

Of course not, its their agreement, Now should you breaki it well that's WHOLE different story, plus they are sheilded by sub contractores who auctaully do the install AND OK IT, in the end it will come down to "you reading and accepted the Direct TV Policy PERIOD. iTS THAT SIMPLE

Hey once those holes are made and THAT Direct TV dish is mounted on your roof, thats called LEVERAGE then legal policys and fees pop up
NEED PROOF LOOK AT YOUR DISH BILL

THE SMART CONSUMERS AT LEAST DO SOME HOMEWORK BEFORE LOCKING IN

"IF MORE DID THIS THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ALL THESE RETARTED FEES"

But thats what they count on no one ever really reading the fine print

PS when I first ordered my 4 tv Dish Network System no one ever told me about an addional reciever fee or that there was another fee if not connected to phine line.

The csr said it was right in the agreement we signed
YEP THERE IT WAS

Last edited:

You wrote
I haven't seen to any people get turned down because they use cell phones instead of land based phones

Of course not, its their agreement, Now should you breaki it well that's WHOLE different story, plus they are sheilded by sub contractores who auctaully do the install AND OK IT, in the end it will come down to "you reading and accepted the Direct TV Policy PERIOD. iTS THAT SIMPLE

Hey once those holes are made and THAT Direct TV dish is mounted on your roof, thats called LEVERAGE then legal policys and fees pop up
NEED PROOF LOOK AT YOUR DISH BILL

THE SMART CONSUMERS AT LEAST DO SOME HOMEWORK BEFORE LOCKING IN

"IF MORE DID THIS THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ALL THESE RETARTED FEES"

But thats what they count on no one ever really reading the fine print

TROLL

THIS GUYS GOT NO REPLY BECAUSE WHAT I SAY IS TRUE

I deal in 100% fact only, YOU ARE THE TROLL
AROUND SIR.

Anyone not profiting by this confusing business practice and hidden fee
cash cow, would positively support my tread not attack me. and try to
spinmiester the facts

in the case of this guy above he doesn't even have the common sense to think of any spinmiester response or point out what I say is incorrect

Please do not embarrass yourself by sense less reply’s

You wrote

My point was, I have never seen anyone refused a subscription to D* because they didn't have a land based telephone. D* own installers will still put in system and D* will mirror several receivers, if no land based phone is there.

As a matter of fact, as a E* customer, I am sure you know E* has the same requirement in section "F" of their customer agreement. But I know of E* customers that don't have land based phone service.

From what I have heard from installers, the only phone issue D* is concerned about, is back charging installers when they do not connect to one. Nothing is ever said or done to the customer.

My point was, I have never seen anyone refused a subscription to D* because they didn't have a land based telephone. D* own installers will still put in system and D* will mirror several receivers, if no land based phone is there.

As a matter of fact, as a E* customer, I am sure you know E* has the same requirement in section "F" of their customer agreement. But I know of E* customers that don't have land based phone service.

From what I have heard from installers, the only phone issue D* is concerned about, is back charging installers when they do not connect to one. Nothing is ever said or done to the customer.

Yes but it was spelled out By Dish Network clearly in the agreement, I just never read it like a fool, it was my first time and I read everything now

My point is, what you heard and or that one said this, means nothing
what is in the Direct TV legal binding agreement is all that Counts

to say anything else is misinformation and could cost sombody money
down the line

Plus if you want to get down to a comparison Direct TV is a lot more per month then Dish when you add in all the fees and stuff and the more TV's you add the more Direct TV cost even more

Can anybody dispute that?

I'm not goinfg to stand by and watch spinmiesters do there self serving spewing anymore

I started out simply looking to switch from Dish soon, but man Dish is looking not all that bad compared to whats out there.

This tread would have been over a long time ago if not for the constant reply spinning and disinformation that direct TV has no phone line requirement (BECAUSE IT DOES)

Thats all I was saying but I will not stand by and let misleading spin cost people PERIOD.

Yes but it was spelled out By Dish Network clearly in the agreement, I just never read it like a fool, it was my first time and I read everything now

My point is, what you heard and or that one said this, means nothing
what is in the Direct TV legal binding agreement is all that Counts

to say anything else is misinformation and could cost sombody money
down the line

Plus if you want to get down to a comparison Direct TV is a lot more per month then Dish when you add in all the fees and stuff and the more TV's you add the more Direct TV cost even more

Can anybody dispute that?

I'm not goinfg to stand by and watch spinmiesters do there self serving spewing anymore

I started out simply looking to switch from Dish soon, but man Dish is looking not all that bad compared to whats out there.

This tread would have been over a long time ago if not for the constant reply spinning and disinformation that direct TV has no phone line requirement (BECAUSE IT DOES)

Thats all I was saying but I will not stand by and let misleading spin cost people PERIOD.

Is DISH cheaper? Well that depends if all you want is the Family pak or AT100 yes
DISH is cheaper.But if you want the most national channels you can get or if you want more than 1 DVR or the cheapest price for local channels or the best sports coverage then DirecTV is the way to go.And coming this fall the most HD channels.
It all depends what you are looking for.But Directv doesn't have all the"because we can fees" that DISH has to say any different is just misinformation.If you would like to know how I know I was a DISH subscriber for over 4 years.:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Question about Plus HD pack..

Be careful with your h20 swapouts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)