Direct TV SWM with 2 dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rvtechnician

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Installation in an RV. Direct TV SL3 dish on a low profile portable mount with SWM single coaxial cable. Input connects at rear outside of RV which is routed via RG6 to front of RV where it connects to the SWM splitter and is distributed to one front DVR, one rear and one outdoor HD receivers. I installed separate RG6 from the SWM splitter to both rear and outdoor receivers. My question: Can the portable 18" round roof dish be connected to the SWM splitter so the roof dish can be used when the SL3 is not? While the SL3 will be utilized most of the time, the 18" round dish will be utilized while traveling for short stays. We connected the 18" round dish to the SWM at first and found it worked through the front receiver by changing the configuration. Once we connected the rear receiver it no longer worked and we cannot get it back even when we remove the rear receiver connection. We were able to install an A/B switch in front with the SL3 as one input and the 18" round as the other. This works the front receiver, but not the other two. Since we were able to get the 18" round dish to work initially, we would like to try to make it work in the simplest way.

You cannot connect a non-SWM LNB to a SWM distribution system and magically turn it into an SWM LNB by sheer will or prayer. Legacy systems will always require a direct run for each satellite tuner.

You cannot use an standalone SWM switch with a round dish either.

I am not trying to "magically" turn it into a SWM LNB. I am trying to utilize the coaxial cables used with the SWM. I reconfigure the receivers to round 18" and multi switch settings when using the roof dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts